Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Not Displaying Correctly when Importing
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
HI Please can someone assist.

This morning, for no apparent reason, everytime I try to import any media into the media room, it comes in the format displayed in the attachement? I have tried stipp photos and video clips but all are the same. If I use media items already contained within PD such as PIP overlays, they display correctly. I tried rebooting my laptop and this worked on the first occasion. However, since this, the problem has returned and rebooting does not rid me of the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim
[Thumb - Image.png]
 Filename
Image.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1209 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag 13.05.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
165 time(s)
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote HI Please can someone assist.

This morning, for no apparent reason, everytime I try to import any media into the media room, it comes in the format displayed in the attachement? I have tried stipp photos and video clips but all are the same. If I use media items already contained within PD such as PIP overlays, they display correctly. I tried rebooting my laptop and this worked on the first occasion. However, since this, the problem has returned and rebooting does not rid me of the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

Just to add to the last post, I have attached the media file properties.

Further symptoms - when importing to media, the file has the ribbon effect in the preview mode but, on occasion, when bringing it onto the timeline, it appears on correct format. However, this is not consistent and does not always lsoe the ribbons. I have tried different formats shot from differemt cameras - h264 with 25 fps pal - this worked initially but then got the ribbon effect.

I should point out that all the video clips that |I am having problems with were not problematic this time last week when I created and produced a video for youtube.

Has something happened?

I tried using powerdirector on a different, older laptop and there were no ribbon issues.

Thanks,

Tim
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-05-13 141258.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-05-13 141258.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Go to Preferences/Hardware acceleration and uncheck Hardware decoding and click OK.
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Go to Preferences/Hardware acceleration and uncheck Hardware decoding and click OK.

Many thanks. That did the trick.

Just as a matter of interest, as far as I am aware, that preference has always been ticked. Is there any reason why this issue has suddenly occurred? Perhaps I clicked this box by accident but don't remember doing so.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help,

Tim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2023 11:38

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely you updated PD365 and then a popup message asked you if you want to optimize your graphics setting. You clicked yes and then that adjustment and the Preview quality got set to HD. That laptop is using the amd integrated graphics for this editing. You then experienced what you reported or it is possible that the video files that you are editing now have a slightly higher resolution, bitrate, framerate or in a different format than in your previous project. You can always do the settings manually instead of letting PD do that optimization.

Edit: The above reply is for before you edited your last reply above.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2023 12:22

Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote More than likely you updated PD365 and then a popup message asked you if you want to optimize your graphics setting. You clicked yes and then that adjustment and the Preview quality got set to HD. That laptop is using the amd integrated graphics for this editing. You then experienced what you reported or it is possible that the video files that you are editing now have a slightly higher resolution, bitrate, framerate or in a different format than in your previous project. You can always do the settings manually instead of letting PD do that optimization.

Yep that is exactly what happened. Thanks for explaining this,

Many thanks,

Tim
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote More than likely you updated PD365 and then a popup message asked you if you want to optimize your graphics setting. You clicked yes and then that adjustment and the Preview quality got set to HD. That laptop is using the amd integrated graphics for this editing. You then experienced what you reported or it is possible that the video files that you are editing now have a slightly higher resolution, bitrate, framerate or in a different format than in your previous project. You can always do the settings manually instead of letting PD do that optimization.

Hi, it is me again......sorry.

would you be willing to explain to me how to do the settings manually instead of PD doing the optimisation?

Thanks,

Tim