Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop Zoom & Pan Aspect Ratio
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please could someone assist me with what is probably an obvious question.

When I try to crop images in the crop zoom and pan application, I do not have the option to click the maintain aspect ratio box - the box is always checked and is grey out even when the image is selected with squares on the corner. When I move any square, the whole images changes in proportion. I can crop in the mask designer but not on crop zoom and pan. Is this how I should crop images?

Thanks once again for your patience.

Tim
 Filename
DxDiag 13.05.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t have your problem. I can use freeform as the aspect ratio by using the drop down arrow. The AR box is not grayed out in this tutorial posted today either using User defined: https://youtu.be/IzO2Bmbvm90?t=76 .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2023 10:55

Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don’t have your problem. I can use freeform as the aspect ratio by using the drop down arrow. The AR box is not grayed out in this tutorial posted today either using User defined: https://youtu.be/IzO2Bmbvm90?t=76 .

Thanks. For your response.

From looking at some youtube videos (including the one in the link you sent - thanks), I now realise that there is a freeform option in the aspect ratio drop down menu that allows you to use whichever aspect ratio you want. This is also available in the cropping tool.

Many thanks for your patience.

Tim