Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Blue FX
MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 365 and i was given some Newblue effects however the trial has expired and there is a watermark. There is an option to download newblue effects but it takes me to the website of newblue and there is nothing that specifies anything for powerdirector.

How can i get these effects that are watermarked?

Also if the are all the newblue items compatable with powerdirector? It doesn't say.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 11. 2023 17:41

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure how you were "given" any NewBlueFX with PD365, as Cyberlink terminated their licensing agreement with NBFX a couple years ago. If you had earlier versions of PD and still have the NBFX packs installed, they should work fine in PD365/21.

There are still many packs that are compatible with PD available from NBFX, and you can find all their products on this page. The ones with this logo are legacy products, and to my knowledge all should work directly in PD:

You may want to look at this fairly lengthy discussion for more details.

I'm actually having a similar issue with these legacy packs on my Surface Book 3, which i just did a clean Win 11 install on. I'm not able to activate any of these packs, even though I purchased them many years ago - before CL started including them. I'm using the proper license code but keep getting a "unknown error."

I'll post back once I hear from NBFX tech support, but I'm not sure if that's relevant to you unless you also had licenses directly from NBFX
MarkB777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure how you were "given" any NewBlueFX with PD365, as Cyberlink terminated their licensing agreement with NBFX a couple years ago. If you had earlier versions of PD and still have the NBFX packs installed, they should work fine in PD365/21.

There are still many packs that are compatible with PD available from NBFX, and you can find all their products on this page. The ones with this logo are legacy products, and to my knowledge all should work directly in PD:

You may want to look at this fairly lengthy discussion for more details.

I'm actually having a similar issue with these legacy packs on my Surface Book 3, which i just did a clean Win 11 install on. I'm not able to activate any of these packs, even though I purchased them many years ago - before CL started including them. I'm using the proper license code but keep getting a "unknown error."

I'll post back once I hear from NBFX tech support, but I'm not sure if that's relevant to you unless you also had licenses directly from NBFX
So i just installed video essentials 7. Its gotg a watermark and it prompted me for a free trial for 14 days. I tried to click buy it and it sauys the product no longer exists.... what could i do here?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a good question for NewBlue support. You can reach them here.

Please post back with what they tell you, as it's very strange to have a product available for download but to not be able to purchase or at least activate it!
MarkB777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's a good question for NewBlue support. You can reach them here.

Please post back with what they tell you, as it's very strange to have a product available for download but to not be able to purchase or at least activate it!
ok. I sent it. Lets see what they say.

Do the other plug ins (Boris FX and Prodad,) do they have more packs thart we can download separately also?
optodata
[Post New]
All the compainies out there make products for many different editors. Pixelan makes some great, affordable FX that work inside of PD. Some of the other companies' products have to be used outside of PD, like NewBlue's Tilter Pro, for example.

Visiting each of their websites should give a decent idea of what content is available.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ok. I sent it. Lets see what they say.

Do the other plug ins (Boris FX and Prodad,) do they have more packs thart we can download separately also?

Most of these packages are not 3rd party mainstream plug-in offers but very legacy or customized offerings.

For BorisFX you will see the following, note the words "customized specifically": "The Cyberlink Power Director 356 bundle includes the following 2 Boris Continuum Units that have been customized specifically for use with Cyberlink", https://borisfx.com/products/continuum-units/cyberlink/

Likewise for the CL discontinued support of ProDAD, they were tailor made (see link wording) solutions, not mainstream products. https://www.prodad.com/Plug-in-solutions-tailor-made/CyberLink-36353,l-us.html

Jeff