Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio File Missing From saved Product
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Good Evening,

I wonder if anyone can help.

Last week, I saved a project (fortunately rendered and already scheduled on youtube).

On viewing the completed MP4 video, I noticed that the colour was a bit off and therefore returned to Powerdirector 3 days later to open the project, adjust colour settings and re-render. However, on my return, I noticed that the audio was missing from the video.

I received a message saying 'Cyberlink powerdirector cannot open this media file because it was moved or is missing. Click [Browse] to find the missing file and import it.'

'c:\users\ti...\autoDenoise(36).wav'

I have not moved any file and all other media within the project was available. Also, the video was saved to cyberlink cloud and this was in the same 'incomplete audio' state once donwloaded to PD.

This has never happened before but on this occasion, I used denoise and speech enhancement for the first time. I also used de-reverb but I have used this before without problem.

I might be missing soemthing obvious but if there is someone that can help that I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

Tim
 Filename
DxDiag.txt 04.05.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
When you execute functions like AutoDenoise and others on the audio of a videoclip, PD will replace the audio track with a new track. This new audio track is stored in a default location: which (I think) is a folder called AutoDenoise within the set export folder.
Other folders are created in there as well like the Preview Cache files and others.
As a consequence the video and audio track of the clip are unlinked. This should be kept in mind when either tracks are moved. Best is to group them again. This also means that the new audio file is likely not in the same place anymore as the video file. When moving either around, PD cannot find these files.
If you want to keep the files together for later editing, you can best do a Pack Project Materials (in the file menu). Both the project file itself and all media files are stored in the same place.
When opening the project file, all other files can be found too. Since the audio track looks like already astray when you exported / produced the YouTube clip. It is hard to tell what has happened, did you delete or moved the AutoDenoise folder around. Given sequence number (36) , you must have (had) done a lot of denoising. Try to find the file with the given name somewhere (also in the recycle bin!) to see whether you still have. While opening the project you can point to it. And do a Pack Project Materials after successful loading.
A quick look at your DXDiag files tells that there are or have been a number of Windows problems and even a PDHanumanSvr.exe issue. It is of course possible that these problems are at the basis of your audio file problem, but not likely. I would certainly strongly recommend that you try to fix the Windows problems first, have a look here how that might be done:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e
After that, it may be a good idea to reinstall PD just to be sure given the PDHanumanSvr.exe issue.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 05. 2023 03:18

Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When you execute functions like AutoDenoise and others on the audio of a videoclip, PD will replace the audio track with a new track. This new audio track is stored in a default location: which (I think) is a folder called AutoDenoise within the set export folder.
Other folders are created in there as well like the Preview Cache files and others.
As a consequence the video and audio track of the clip are unlinked. This should be kept in mind when either tracks are moved. Best is to group them again. This also means that the new audio file is likely not in the same place anymore as the video file. When moving either around, PD cannot find these files.
If you want to keep the files together for later editing, you can best do a Pack Project Materials (in the file menu). Both the project file itself and all media files are stored in the same place.
When opening the project file, all other files can be found too. Since the audio track looks like already astray when you exported / produced the YouTube clip. It is hard to tell what has happened, did you delete or moved the AutoDenoise folder around. Given sequence number (36) , you must have (had) done a lot of denoising. Try to find the file with the given name somewhere (also in the recycle bin!) to see whether you still have. While opening the project you can point to it. And do a Pack Project Materials after successful loading.
A quick look at your DXDiag files tells that there are or have been a number of Windows problems and even a PDHanumanSvr.exe issue. It is of course possible that these problems are at the basis of your audio file problem, but not likely. I would certainly strongly recommend that you try to fix the Windows problems first, have a look here how that might be done: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e After that it may be a good idea to reinstall PD just to be sure given the PDHanumanSvr.exe issue. " target="_new" rel="nofollow">here
After that, it may be a good idea to reinstall PD just to be sure given the PDHanumanSvr.exe issue.

Thanks very much. The system scans came back as ok but I then checked the recycle bin and found a folder named 'denoise'. I restored it and imported the project once more and the audio was there. Many thanks for this.

I will try to pack projects next time also.

Many thanks for your help,

Tim