Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloads from DirectorZone
DaytonaSteve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2014 09:26 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I may the world's dumbest person, but as I read through all the stuff on the DirectorZone site, I get the feeling that I should be able to find some templates, backgrounds, stock video stuff on this site that is FREE. All I can find is stuff that is paid. Am I just too dumb to find it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2023 17:21

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Please post the links to the websites that you visited that you believe are for the DirectorZone so that we may be able to check them out for you. The templates in the DZ are free to download only if you sign in first.
DaytonaSteve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please post the links to the websites that you visited that you believe are for the DirectorZone so that we may be able to check them out for you. The templates in the DZ are free to download only if you sign in first.

https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/index.do 856,209 free effects and templates and yes I am signed in.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink has changed the functionality and layout of the DZ website quite a bit in the past year or so, but everything works for me.

First of all, if you want PowerDirector templates, start with this page: https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr

If you see something you like, click on the thumbnail and it will bring you to a page with a download link, like this one.

Click on the Download button, and a file ending in .dzp should be sent to your Downloads folder. Double click on that to install it in PD.

Be sure that the template(s) you're downloading are in the same aspect ratio as your current project, because a 4:3 template will not be visible if your project is 16:9 or 9:16, for example.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2023 17:08

DaytonaSteve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Cyberlink has changed the functionality and layout of the DZ website quite a bit in the past year or so, but everything works for me.

First of all, if you want PowerDirector templates, start with this page: https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr

If you see something you like, click on the thumbnail and it will bring you to a page with a download link, like this one.

Click on the Download button, and a file ending in .dzp should be sent to your Downloads folder. Double click on that to install it in PD.

Be sure that the template(s) you're downloading are in the same aspect ratio as your current project, because a 4:3 template will not be visible if your project is 16:9 or 9:16, for example.

Thank you so much, I was driving myself nuts trying to find it.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
On the OP’s link, clicking on the rectangular box Templates for PowerDirector See all templates on the left of the page will get to the same screen seen on optodata’s link.