Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If the .ass subtitle is already embedded in the video file, it will be displayed incorrectly
MT/ML [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2023 01:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
If the .ass subtitle is already embedded in the video file, it will be displayed incorrectly. But if I extract the subtitle from the video with a software and drag and drop it in PowerDVD after playing the video, the subtitle will be displayed without any problem.

Sorry for my bad English
[Thumb - image_2023-05-03_091122.png]
 Filename
image_2023-05-03_091122.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
725 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It is hard to know what is going on without testing the actual video file, so I suggest you contact CyberLink Technical Support. You can contact them in either English or in Japanese, if that is your native language.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
MT/ML [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2023 01:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

It is hard to know what is going on without testing the actual video file, so I suggest you contact CyberLink Technical Support. You can contact them in either English or in Japanese, if that is your native language.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

it seems I can't upload files larger than 5 MB, I don't think I even need to upload the video because it was the same with every video I tested. it seems that if the subtitle is embedded in the video file, even if the subtitle format is .ass, PowerDVD changes the font, color and position of the subtitle based on the user's previous settings, and this messes up the display of the subtitle in the .ass format. But if the video file and the .ass subtitle file are separate, font, color and position settings will be disabled and the subtitle will be displayed correctly.

I just installed PowerDVD and I don't know if the problem is that I didn't understand the software settings or if this is a PowerDVD problem that is the same for everyone.