Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions Not Working
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason, I can no longer apply transitions to sections of my timeline. I have three MP4 sections in my timeline compoed of video and audio. I want to fade from one MP4 section to the next. But when I select the section, and then try to drag the fade transition from the transition room onto the section, it does not take it. Have I somehow disabled the transition feature? Any ideas? Thanks.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It's possible the two clips aren't touching.

Drag one clip in to overlap the other and select the Crossfade option.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Even if the clips are not touching, you can still apply a fade, it just results in a post or prefix fade depending on applied clip. When you say does not take, does the dragging transition just disappear and you are left with the hand cursor? A locked track will create that, if so, use the small padlock to the left of the track to unlock.

The interface used to give you the red circle with cross line, the basic "no symbol" through it which at least was helpful, I guess that was improved and now the transition just vanishes.

Jeff