Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just Unacceptable, Buyers Beware!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
So, CL puts out a FAQ, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27751 stating "As of June 2023, the Shutterstock library will no longer be available in CyberLink software"

Yet, the sales page https://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/overview_en_US.html claims "Enhanced" and "8,000,000+ Royalty-Free Access to Shutterstock and ..." all with no bold clarifying position that it's ending. That's just poor, really poor. Details/transparency never been their strength, but this is just unacceptable and deceitful advertising to end consumers.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Shutterstock.PNG]
 Filename
PD21_Shutterstock.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
499 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
[Thumb - PD21_Shutterstock2.PNG]
 Filename
PD21_Shutterstock2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
910 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, that's a pretty big issue. I guess they could put an asterisk by the sales pitch stating that "unlimited" means only until June, but that doesn't seem like something they'd ever do. I imagine that item will simply be replaced with whatever number of iStock items will be available. At the moment they claim 2,000,000+

Knowing that the end is coming, it seems like people might want to download as many items as possible that they think they might ever use, then put them all in a project called Shutterstock and then use File | Pack Project Materials... to safeguard them from the coming erasure/unusability.

Thanks for the head's up on this!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That FAQ link appear to have been removed.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That FAQ link appear to have been removed.

Yep, they did remove it as you note. At least give them credit, they also removed a similar FAQ for mobile users that had an earlier implementation date, lol! They also "cleaned up" another forum post that referenced the same FAQ, just like it never happened.

Maybe they are back to the drawing board, or will maybe simply drop support and inform latter, neither very transparent so draw your own conclusions.

Really tough for those users trying to build clientele or content around such an unstable PD offering, just an extremely poor product roadmap for consumers to embrace with any purchase $'s. As the title states, Buyers Beware.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like the updated advertising pages for PD365 and DS365 are now being transitioned to remove the Shutterstock reference, just Getty images listed.

Reference to any Shutterstock availability disappearing on many pages about the product at. https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/pricing_en_US.html

However, their direct DS365 promo sales page https://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/features_en_US.html still shows Shutterstock in some sections on 5/3 but removed in others, I'm sure it will be changing based on the withdrawn FAQ supplied info.

I guess just a very silent removal, FAQ never restored and any info still missing. Should be another nice PD365 push "upgrade" for those subscribers, probably next months "highlight" based on withdrawn FAQ supplied dates.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD365_NewSales.PNG]
 Filename
PD365_NewSales.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
308 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - DS365_Sales2n.PNG]
 Filename
DS365_Sales2n.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1414 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
This Morning I received an email from CL team saying that they discontinue Shutterstock per 14 June and a of 15 June there could be a wider stock available from iStock by Getty Images. The word is that there is about 15x more content. I understand that some users will see this switch earlier, as they start to update the software until the switch over date...
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This Morning I received an email from CL team saying that they discontinue Shutterstock per 14 June and a of 15 June there could be a wider stock available from iStock by Getty Images. The word is that there is about 15x more content. I understand that some users will see this switch earlier, as they start to update the software until the switch over date...

If you click on my original FAQ thread link that tomasc indicated wasn't available, you'll find it is available again. However, the content of the FAQ totally changed and now elaborates their changed offering.

They had also performed upgrades to the sales propaganda pages to remove some remaining ShutterStock references on 5/11/2023.

Jeff
IrelandOutdoors [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2021 07:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I see the FAQ now states there is 11K vs 6K music tracks but it looks like it just hooks into facebooks free service which anyone can use? https://www.facebook.com/sound If this is the case I'm seriouly considering whether I'll renew my subscription!
Fox Fader [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2020 17:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I see the FAQ now states there is 11K vs 6K music tracks but it looks like it just hooks into facebooks free service which anyone can use? https://www.facebook.com/sound If this is the case I'm seriouly considering whether I'll renew my subscription!

Ditto! this is absolute garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm now trying to finish a vid for a client, but I cant since the tracks aren't right where I need them. I HATE FB and meta!!!!!!!!!
I just re-upped and it's not to late to unwind that payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, this music is a joke compared to what they had b4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2023 21:57

Laslow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2021 16:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Ditto! this is absolute garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm now trying to finish a vid for a client, but I cant since the tracks aren't right where I need them. I HATE FB and meta!!!!!!!!!
I just re-upped and it's not to late to unwind that payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, this music is a joke compared to what they had b4.

I'm with you guys! 100%

I just cancelled my subscription.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26. 2023 22:49