Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Look Photo Director 365 ~ April 2023
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
What have Cyberlink done ?

PLEASE, PLEASE , can you get rid of this dumb down version and go back to launching just "The One" Photodirector ?
It's so much easier when you want to jump from edit screen to the re-touch/remove screen and then perhaps the Edit screen rather than having to go back to the Dum Guided / Pro screen and using far too much edit time & PC resources !

Please keep all the edit stages in one package, you've gone from a quite slick edit system that was far easier & simpler to move between different edit screens, to a one with more pretty, time wasting icons asking you dumb questions " Do you want to edit your phots?" of course I do that's why I'm here !!!!

I do not like it !

Cyberlink What Are You doing ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2023 03:27

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, the previous version was easier in normal use.
Grant M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2010 04:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree, it was so simple that you had a choice to go to full edit or quick edit and it would remember your preference. You could work systematically going from left to right.

What I hate is when you exit the program you have that stupid launcher still in the middle of your screen.

This is funny. I had to reset my computer and when I downloaded again, I thought there was a glitch and contacted support for help.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote I totally agree, it was so simple that you had a choice to go to full edit or quick edit and it would remember your preference. You could work systematically going from left to right.

What I hate is when you exit the program you have that stupid launcher still in the middle of your screen.

This is funny. I had to reset my computer and when I downloaded again, I thought there was a glitch and contacted support for help.

Hi Grant, thanks for your reply

I've also noticed something similar while using the "Task Manager" to check on things! The new version of the Cyberlink Photodirector tends to "hang on" in the background processes, even though you've closed the programme! I've had to click on End Task to be able to relaunch Photodirector, if that didn't work I've had to re-boot my PC !

Cheers
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote I agree, the previous version was easier in normal use.

Thanks Koen41 for your responce

Cheers
BillByrnes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2012 08:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I agree totally. This workflow takes additional time and you cannot edit a photo modified in guided or expert without saving as a new file. Does not make sense. Hope you address this.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Quote What have Cyberlink done ?

PLEASE, PLEASE , can you get rid of this dumb down version and go back to launching just "The One" Photodirector ?
It's so much easier when you want to jump from edit screen to the re-touch/remove screen and then perhaps the Edit screen rather than having to go back to the Dum Guided / Pro screen and using far too much edit time & PC resources !

Please keep all the edit stages in one package, you've gone from a quite slick edit system that was far easier & simpler to move between different edit screens, to a one with more pretty, time wasting icons asking you dumb questions " Do you want to edit your phots?" of course I do that's why I'm here !!!!

I do not like it !

Cyberlink What Are You doing ?
Bill Byrnes
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote I agree totally. This workflow takes additional time and you cannot edit a photo modified in guided or expert without saving as a new file. Does not make sense. Hope you address this.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Hi Bill Byrnes
Thanks for your reply.

I really Hope Cyberlink are listening

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I wouldn't count on anyone at CL with the ability to make changes seeing discussions here on the forum. Maybe they look here once in awhile, but I think the best approach is to use the "official" feedback channel of Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PhD's Help menu.

Nobody here asked for the recent changes, and I don't know how much user testing they ever do before they make significant alterations to a product's workflow, so telling them you really don't like the new layout is probably the only tool us end users have.
BillByrnes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2012 08:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Done:

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Quote I wouldn't count on anyone at CL with the ability to make changes seeing discussions here on the forum. Maybe they look here once in awhile, but I think the best approach is to use the "official" feedback channel of Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PhD's Help menu.

Nobody here asked for the recent changes, and I don't know how much user testing they ever do before they make significant alterations to a product's workflow, so telling them you really don't like the new layout is probably the only tool us end users have.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote I wouldn't count on anyone at CL with the ability to make changes seeing discussions here on the forum. Maybe they look here once in awhile, but I think the best approach is to use the "official" feedback channel of Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PhD's Help menu.

Thanks optodata, sounds like the best idea.

It is unusual for Cyberlink to make such bad ly thought out changes as it does appear to be no one asked for them !

Cheers
Penguine 48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2023 09:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree. The new Look is giving me grief every Day.
Please go Back to the Original Look

Penguin48