Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing Individual Tracks
Argonaut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 06:43 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
My project has four tracks. On track 4, I have photos. On track 2 I have video. On tracks 3 and 1 there is nothing and I did not create these tracks. Does PD automatically add a new track when you place content on a track? Is there anyway to remove these empty tracks (tracks 3 and 1)? Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Right-click in the left-most area (where the track numbers and icons are) and choose Remove Empty Tracks, although that seems to work better for empty tracks below the last used track. BTW it always leaves on empty track at the bottom

The manual approach would be to select all the content (Ctrl+A) and move everything up one track so your video(s) is(are) on Track 1. You could then select all your photos and move them to Track 2 and then use Remove Empty tracks.

It's obviously better to use plan your use of tracks from the beginning, but there's also no harm in having any number of empty tracks