Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Access to Shutterstock is Slow and Cumbersome
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

is there someone that can help.

I have powerdirector 21, 365 installed on my laptop. In the main, it runs smoothly with very few issues. The only problem that I encounter is when I enter shutterstock to get additional music, videos, photos etc. Entering is very slow and navigating within the application is slower. The only reasonably paced process about shuttercock is downloading material. Even then, it downloads quick enough but then takes forever to reach the resulting downloaded items screen. If I navigate the thumbnails of search results by either rolling the mouse or by using the side bar, there is a 5-10 second delay between what I do and how it reacts. Nothing else in powerdirector is slow like this.

I have checked the memory remaining - half full.
I tried removing downlaoded videos to reduce memory.
I tried turning off firewall and antivirus whilst in this app.
None of these things help.

Is the performance of Shutterstock generally slow for other people in comparison to using the video editor?
Is ther anything I can do to try and improve this performance.

I have attached DXdiag

Many thanks for your help.

Tim
[Thumb - Dxdiag.jpg]
 Filename
Dxdiag.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
308 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
[Thumb - Dxdiag.jpg 2.jpg]
 Filename
Dxdiag.jpg 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
309 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2023 09:43

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

is there someone that can help.

I have powerdirector 21, 365 installed on my laptop. In the main, it runs smoothly with very few issues. The only problem that I encounter is when I enter shutterstock to get additional music, videos, photos etc. Entering is very slow and navigating within the application is slower. The only reasonably paced process about shuttercock is downloading material. Even then, it downloads quick enough but then takes forever to reach the resulting downloaded items screen. If I navigate the thumbnails of search results by either rolling the mouse or by using the side bar, there is a 5-10 second delay between what I do and how it reacts. Nothing else in powerdirector is slow like this.

I have checked the memory remaining - half full.
I tried removing downlaoded videos to reduce memory.
I tried turning off firewall and antivirus whilst in this app.
None of these things help.

Is the performance of Shutterstock generally slow for other people in comparison to using the video editor?
Is ther anything I can do to try and improve this performance.

I have attached DXdiag

Many thanks for your help.

Tim

Hi,
Doesn't look like anyone has picked this one up.

A quick search of the forum doesn't return much about extreme slowness, a few other issues have been reported over the years but I'm unsure of what might be the issue for you.

If you still have the slow access issue, I suggest you raise a support ticket (link in the signature below) and see what CL can offer by way of assistance.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
Doesn't look like anyone has picked this one up.

A quick search of the forum doesn't return much about extreme slowness, a few other issues have been reported over the years but I'm unsure of what might be the issue for you.

If you still have the slow access issue, I suggest you raise a support ticket (link in the signature below) and see what CL can offer by way of assistance.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks - I have already raised this but unfortunately it has not been resolved.

Tim