Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re-install of Power Director 13 (best approach using multiple discs?)
Gazgord [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2015 11:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Although PD 13 is now quite old it still serves me OK, so I'm looking to do a re-install of the software (I still have my original downloads and product key).

After a recent re-install of Windows 10 onto a new SSD drive I now have the following split of internal disc space and need some help deciding on the most appropriate install location(s) of PD 13 and any associated software in order to get the best out of the software by utilising disc resources in the most approriate way.

C:/ - 512GB Internal SSD Drive (476GB free) - Used intially for Windows 10 OS (and any programs/data where there is no option to install in a different location).

D:/ - 1TB Internal Storage Drive (507GB free) - Used for all other programs and as much data as possible so that drive C:/ can be used primarily for the Windows 10 OS

E:/ 120GB Internal SSD Drive (120GB free) - My previous C:/ Drive. I intend to format this drive and used it for additional programs/storage.

F:/ 1TB External Drive (500GB free) - Backups and extra storage

From previous posts I understand that it may be beneficial to split the install between the above drives. (I.E. main program on one drive, media & projects on another and previews/cache/exports on a third drive etc etc?

Can anyone give recommendations on the best install process and equally importantly, how to actually achieve this with the Cyberlink software?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's no reason to overthink this. Install PD13 on your C: drive where it will be able to load very quickly from the SSD, and install any of the included extra content packs on your D: drive.

With that said, the total extra content is likely only a couple of GB so there isn't much to gain by installing it on a different drive.

The main issue is that PD13 can't do any hardware encoding/decoding on modern GPU hardware, and if you're still using the original PC the last nVidia driver you can use is 411.70 from 2018, which can be downloaded from here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2023 13:47