Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director & Video
MrSteveVee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2022 09:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
I have just started to use photodirector as part of the Director suite 365, migrating over from AcDsee. Now AcDsee alows one to tag and view video files that have been taken with various cameras over the years but it looks like Phtot Director ignores them

Can someone enlightn me on the best way to tag and view them preferable along with like tagged images please? I have not explored PowerDirector yet so unsure if this somehow links in.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2023 14:22

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,
I have just started to use photodirector as part of the Director suite 365, migrating over from AcDsee. Now AcDsee alows one to tag and view video files that have been taken with various cameras over the years but it looks like Phtot Director ignores them

Can someone enlightn me on the best way to tag and view them preferable along with like tagged images please? I have not explored PowerDirector yet so unsure if this somehow links in.

Thanks

Photodirector supports snapshots on videos, but does not support importing or managing videos in the library. this software is for photo management and editing purpose only.

Powerdirector is for video editing. It cannot tag your video files additionally either but only let you group videos within powerdirector's media room per project. It means you are not able to carry the tags out along with your video files independently to other video projects or PCs.

fyi
MrSteveVee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2022 09:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

Photodirector supports snapshots on videos, but does not support importing or managing videos in the library. this software is for photo management and editing purpose only.

Powerdirector is for video editing. It cannot tag your video files additionally either but only let you group videos within powerdirector's media room per project. It means you are not able to carry the tags out along with your video files independently to other video projects or PCs.

fyi

Thanks QC, that answered the question thank you , but as you can imagine has posed another, so if anyone has a workaround I would be all ears please as most of my movies are associated with images and are buried many folders deep lol
thanks