Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any suggestions about completely uninstalling Cyberlink 365?
Rollybrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2014 09:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just a bit of moan really

I've just bought a new PC. I've re-loaded all of the Cyberlink 365 products on the new system..all good so far

BUT

Uninstalling 365 from the old machine is a complete pain - as every program, LUT, pack (stylepack, blending pack, template etc etc) is a single installation and has to be individually uninstalled. On my PC there must be 50 programs, and it's taking hours to remove.......what a pain!!!!

I contacted Cyberlink support to see if there was an easier way and "unforunately not".

Rollybrick

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 19. 2023 14:38

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
There are some good mass uninstall programs available. Moving to a new PC -I guess- involves more than uninstalling Cyberlink software alone?
I assume you work with Windows?
A bit of a reluctance to recommend software here, but I have good experiences with WingetUI. It uninstalls software in one go. It can also used to update or install softwarepackages It uses MS WINGET, which can also be run manually from the commandline.
BUT... there are others out there too.
Uninstalling still takes time, but at least with less manual work.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A different question is why do you feel like you have to uninstall everything on your old computer? You are allowed to use PD365 on two different PCs so you're not being forced to remove everything,

On the other hand if you really want the old machine to start over fresh, you might want to use the Reset this PC option and choose Remove Everything so you won't have any of the old registry entries and other leftover, unwanted items. You'll have a clean installation of Windows and you can add back any programs that you really want to use.