Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 21 Ultra won't accept videos imported from Photoshop Elements organizer
Fontasy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2013 18:52 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I recently installed PowerDirector 21 Ultra (version # 21.0.2031.0) on my new computer. I also installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 22. I have used the Elements organizer for 10 years to organize my thousands of videos and images. I have always been able to import any video into PD from the organizer.

PD appears to accept these videos into the project's library but does not play them in the preview window. Occasionally it plays the audio -- the audio only, not the video itself. Every once in a while it actually shows the video correctly in the preview window but the next time I play it the video no longer plays.

Does my PD software have a glitch? I don't believe the problem is with the organizer because I can copy videos to any place -- desktop, any folder, other video software -- and they always play perfectly. PD is the only place they won't play.

Extremely frustrating, preventing me from producing new videos. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Could you please share one of the clips you're having trouble with?

Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box if the file size isn't too large (eg <50MB or so). Otherwise upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive and share a public link here.

See this FAQ for more details.

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I recently installed PowerDirector 21 Ultra (version # 21.0.2031.0) on my new computer. I also installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 22. I have used the Elements organizer for 10 years to organize my thousands of videos and images. I have always been able to import any video into PD from the organizer.

PD appears to accept these videos into the project's library but does not play them in the preview window. Occasionally it plays the audio -- the audio only, not the video itself. Every once in a while it actually shows the video correctly in the preview window but the next time I play it the video no longer plays.

Does my PD software have a glitch? I don't believe the problem is with the organizer because I can copy videos to any place -- desktop, any folder, other video software -- and they always play perfectly. PD is the only place they won't play.

Extremely frustrating, preventing me from producing new videos. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don

Hi,
Can't test directly as I have PDR365 Business 2401, so not the same version, but from my Elements 2022 Organizer, things work as normal with .mp4 and .mov files.
PDR 21 Ultra is not as comprehensive as the other versions,
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html
So check if thats an issue?

As optodata suggests maybe share a file for folk to test out?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do