Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question on output file size
Darth Santa Fe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2023 21:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I just created my first video with PowerDirector365 since upgrading from my previous software (VideoPad - that program is amazingly inefficient and unstable), and the results were great overall! I did notice one thing though, and that's the output file size using MP4 at 1080p/60fps.

The clips were 1080p/60fps MOV files from an iPhone, and the total space used for about 90 minutes of MOV is about 10GB. I edited that down to 60 minutes, and somehow ended up with a finished file size of 16GB! Videos of this length, resolution and framerate have typically come out around 3GB for the MP4 format, so that's a huge difference! I can't seem to find any user options to adjust the bit rate, and looking through the MP4 presets, I can't find any options that will produce a smaller file while using the same resolution and 60fps like I could before with VP. Is there anything I can do to produce smaller file sizes, such as a custom profile menu I'm not finding?

Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi!

I just created my first video with PowerDirector365 since upgrading from my previous software (VideoPad - that program is amazingly inefficient and unstable), and the results were great overall! I did notice one thing though, and that's the output file size using MP4 at 1080p/60fps.

The clips were 1080p/60fps MOV files from an iPhone, and the total space used for about 90 minutes of MOV is about 10GB. I edited that down to 60 minutes, and somehow ended up with a finished file size of 16GB! Videos of this length, resolution and framerate have typically come out around 3GB for the MP4 format, so that's a huge difference! I can't seem to find any user options to adjust the bit rate, and looking through the MP4 presets, I can't find any options that will produce a smaller file while using the same resolution and 60fps like I could before with VP. Is there anything I can do to produce smaller file sizes, such as a custom profile menu I'm not finding?

Thanks!

Look at the avg bitrate of your old produced MP4 files since you were happy with the quality of those with MediaInfo, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline and replicate that avg bitrate in a custom profile in PD, see pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Bitrate.png]
 Filename
PD21_Bitrate.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
882 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)