Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Image degradation problems with the use of SVRT
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Image degradation problems with the use of SVRT, for videos produced in the PD itself.
I had to reshoot a long video to change just one song, I was happy that it activated SVRT and it was fast similar to copying the file which is expected will not change anything, it changed and much for the worse it degraded the sharpness, the color was saturated and varying, unacceptable result.
I did many tests to confirm the question.
SVRT works for videos produced in Proshow Producer, using similar profile.
Has anyone had this problem and have a solution.
Thanks. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try unchecking this box:

If that doesn't help, can you share a clip here so other people can test it on their systems?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try unchecking this box:

If that doesn't help, can you share a clip here so other people can test it on their systems?

OPTODATA

Thank you very much for trying to help.
I did more tests with a short video to show here, I didn't notice the problem.
I produced the pre-ready video with photos again, using SVRT and the problem does not appear on the PC, I recorded it on the pen drive, took it to the Blu-ray player and it gave the color variation, I suspect that the problem is the blu-ray player.
However, I redid the project, I used Incert Projct... to add the photos, it produced normal, it reproduced perfectly on the blu-ray player, “go figure”
I used default profile fullhd 40Mb. Also the customized 18MB,
Yes, I stuck the pen-drive in the TV, it gave audio, not video (mp4) the tv is getting old, it only accepts a Fat 32 pen-drive and not any format, especially with a high bit rate.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used default profile fullhd 40Mb. Also the customized 18MB,
Yes, I stuck the pen-drive in the TV, it gave audio, not video (mp4) the tv is getting old, it only accepts a Fat 32 pen-drive and not any format, especially with a high bit rate.

You can format one of your usb flash drives from Fat 32 to NTFS as a test. I find that they are accepted both in my Sony BD player and my LG TV. Don’t recall seeing it in the manufacturer documentation.
Johnny C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2008 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Image degradation problems with the use of SVRT, for videos produced in the PD itself.
I had to reshoot a long video to change just one song, I was happy that it activated SVRT and it was fast similar to copying the file which is expected will not change anything, it changed and much for the worse it degraded the sharpness, the color was saturated and varying, unacceptable result.
I did many tests to confirm the question.
SVRT works for videos produced in Proshow Producer, using similar profile.
Has anyone had this problem and have a solution.
Thanks.

That check box is not checked for me. I have that exact same problem with just about every video I've created since moving to 365...it's enough to make me want to go back to PD 16. This happens on several scenarios on two different machines (laptop and desktop) and with at least two different cameras (Insta360 Go 2 and GoPro Session 5).

I'm not going to say it happens on every machine and with every camera...but I will say that it happens on every machine I have tried and to the best of my recolection with every camera I have tried.

Here's a simple repro. Take a short clip from your session 5 or hero 5 (mine was 2.7k superview all other settings default). Add two text titles, one after 10 seconds, one after 20 seconds. In the preview it will look fine, once rendered the resulting video will look "muddy/washed out" when the text comes up.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
You can format one of your usb flash drives from Fat 32 to NTFS as a test. I find that they are accepted both in my Sony BD player and my LG TV. Don’t recall seeing it in the manufacturer documentation.

Sony BD reader, accepts Pen drive, NTFS and FAT32
Old Sony 3D TV, only accepts FAT32
TV BOX H96 supports FAT32, NTFS
In the tests with CrystalDiskMark 8.0 the ex.FAT had the best performance, but it has compatibility problem.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sony BD reader, accepts Pen drive, NTFS and FAT32
Old Sony 3D TV, only accepts FAT32
TV BOX H96 supports FAT32, NTFS
In the tests with CrystalDiskMark 8.0 the ex.FAT had the best performance, but it has compatibility problem.

This is good that you have your test results. This may allow your Sony BD player to play stored AVCHD Folders placed or stored on that pen drive without having to be placed on a disc. I do this all the time.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In the tests with CrystalDiskMark 8.0 the ex.FAT had the best performance, but it has compatibility problem.

I doubt your performance test is relevant at all for picture quality metrics. Most flash drives easily support 100+MB/sec read rates in any formatted configuration. Often these TV's or attached devices only support USB2.0 so may be limited to at best 60MB/sec while some do offer a USB3.0 port. But, most video put on a device for viewing is probably no more than a 40-60Mbps range, or only 5-7.5MB/sec read rate, massively lower than the read capably variation of any formatted configuration.

Simply choose format based on device capability.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]

I doubt your performance test is relevant at all for picture quality metrics. Most flash drives easily support 100+MB/sec read rates in any formatted configuration. Often these TV's or attached devices only support USB2.0 so may be limited to at best 60MB/sec while some do offer a USB3.0 port. But, most video put on a device for viewing is probably no more than a 40-60Mbps range, or only 5-7.5MB/sec read rate, massively lower than the read capably variation of any formatted configuration.

Simply choose format based on device capability.

Jeff

Yes you are right, I meant the speed test, read/write, using USB3 pen drive ex.FAT it was faster about 7% I was thinking about files larger than 4Gb. FAT32 default limit.
I continue to give preference to the NTFS standard.
But there are cases where the equipment only recognizes FAT32 and in this case I will have to split a file larger than 4GB.