Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video length doesn't fit with audio length after burning a DVD
KlasJ53 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2018 20:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've made a custom menu. I have set a video as background video. It's length is 33 seconds. No sound in that video. Then I've made an audio for the background music. I started with making the audio the same length as the video, 33 seconds. It works fine at the preview, the video and audio fit together, and when the video starts over, the music starts over.

But after burning the dvd, they don't fit at the dvd. When I play the DVD, the video and the music starts together, but the music stops before the video stops. Then the music restarts when still playing the video. When the video restarts again then the music restarts once more. And this repeats.

It feels like the music part is too short at the burned DVD even if it fits in Cyberlink and is of the same length.

If I make the music part 10 seconds longer than the video part in Cyberlink it works on the burned DVD, then the video and the music fit together. (I made this by adding a quiet part at the end of the music, I don't know if this would work if it is music the whole part. If it's quiet perhaps you don't recognize that they don't fit).

So I am wondering what this can depend on. Is there a limit somewhere? A setting?

Is there a difference between how Cyberlink handles video/audio and how the burned DVD does?

(Of course even the burning of the DVD is made in Cyberlink)

Thank's in advance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2023 04:51

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've made a custom menu. I have set a video as background video. It's length is 33 seconds. No sound in that video. Then I've made an audio for the background music. I started with making the audio the same length as the video, 33 seconds. It works fine at the preview, the video and audio fit together, and when the video starts over, the music starts over.

But after burning the dvd, they don't fit at the dvd. When I play the DVD, the video and the music starts together, but the music stops before the video stops. Then the music restarts when still playing the video. When the video restarts again then the music restarts once more. And this repeats.

It feels like the music part is too short at the burned DVD even if it fits in Cyberlink and is of the same length.

If I make the music part 10 seconds longer than the video part in Cyberlink it works on the burned DVD, then the video and the music fit together. (I made this by adding a quiet part at the end of the music, I don't know if this would work if it is music the whole part. If it's quiet perhaps you don't recognize that they don't fit).

So I am wondering what this can depend on. Is there a limit somewhere? A setting?

Is there a difference between how Cyberlink handles video/audio and how the burned DVD does?

(Of course even the burning of the DVD is made in Cyberlink)

Thank's in advance

Hi,
No-one has picked this up and I'm afraid I haven't done any disc burning for a long time, so my direct experience is very limited.

From memory, PDR menus were always a little problematic in their implementation, in that it was easy to get wrong results.

Have you tried producing a project to an image folder, checking it out there and perhaps then burning using other software and try and narrow the issue down?

There are members around who have quite extensive experience of disc burning, perhaps one of them will chime in with some advice?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do