Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resize Images for Youtube Art
MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have an image that is 500x500 size.

Im trying to make a Youtube channel Banner Image and it needs to be 2048x1152

I can't get my image to become that Size. When i tried to export in photo director it wont allow me to export at that size.

I am a beginner to photo editing, this is actually the first photo editing software i have ever used. Please help
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

There are two issues here to start.

Resizing normally means to reduce the current size, not make it larger. This is because the photo will become grainy and lose a lot of quality if you try making it larger. Fortunately, if you have PhotoDirector 365, you can use the new Enlarge Photo feature to increase the resolution of the photo. Unfortunately, that would only increase the photo to 2000x2000, at most, 4x larger.

Second, the aspect ratio of the image you are resizing is not the same as the requried size. You can change this by using the feature to crop the photo to about 2000x1128 (only after enlarging it first), removing pixels from the height.

Basically, it would be a better idea to find a higher resolution version of the photo, or find another larger photo to use.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup