Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Add this features and i will buy Cyberlink. *Professional editor request*
Gabby16bit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2022 04:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I work with Premiere Pro since 9 years but i really enjoy the quick way and features that cyberlink has. For a youtuber is better and fast to use some premade assets and not to do everything from scratch. I feel CL is more directed to youtubers, and since i work with youtube since 9 years i like this program better than premiere.

But there are some things that for me as a PRO creator are essential in those years of work.

Welp only one in reality:

1- Speed.

I need to be fast so how ti improve cyberlink for speed?

Add a lot of shortcuts and features! Like Ripple delete all clips from the right\left of the playhead will be deleted (of course it must behave like it will delete only when it reaches the next clip / cut)

Be able to cut while playback. I'm so used to cut while the video is in playback, CL stops everytime which make slower.

Be able to disable mouse drag zoom on the ruler. I know where i want to zoom, there is already a shortcut for it, and since the only good way to move the playhead on the timeline is the ruler, if i click on it while in a rush it always zoom, is frurstrating, i know it can be useful for a lot of people, but at least give an option to disable this feature for who don't like it. another useful feature would be that if i keep the mouse left click on, i can still scrub the ruler while keep it pressed (nobody likes a car that stutters, and that's the feeling i have when i click and everything stops and i can't move, slows down things you know?)

Add shortcuts for keyframes, like add remove keyframe shortcut, select next keyframe, add position, add scale, add rotation, shortcut is the key to be fast at work. I used to edit the same video in 9 hours without shortcuts, now i'm so fast i can edit the same video in 1 hour. But without shortcuts you simply can't. Is essential to me and many others (i have read the forum).

Select clips after and before playhead, yeah beign to select ALL clips without moving ALL clips but just clips after the playhead is a feature i use a lot in PP, i miss this so much in Cyberlink, i know you can move the clips in other ways, but having a shortcut for that is faster and more reliable.

Audio points, when i add two audio point to lower the volume when i press the line in the middle of two points, it makes the volume higher and lower of the entire audio track. But this is not ideal because you want just to lower the section where you made the points, so is more intuitive and faster.

Nested Projects. I like that you can nest things, but seems a lot slower to PP. Why not just nest clips and create a project with a shortcut? Right click, select 6 clips together and nest it in a timeline, so you can zoom all those elements together. This is my most used feature in PP and i can't go to CP until this process is faster.

Please add ALT modifier key copy and paste, almost every software has it, ctrl + c is less precise, just make if i keep pressing alt or ctrl or let me decide it will duplicate the track so i can drag the copy where i want in a fast way.

Add In / out points: In premiere you have a source monitor to insiert clips and use an in and out points and then drag and drop video or audio or both into the timeline, as a youtuber i have always the timeline full of video, and then drag an entire sound clip on a full timeline, it will make all caotic. Do something like final cut that you can set in and out points on the timecode of a clip so you can drag only the part you need into the timeline, if you don't want to put a source monitor you can implement this function directly to the media browser for each clip. Example: (36) Select Ranges on Any Layer in Final Cut Pro [SHORTCUTS TIP] - YouTube
in and out is vital. (do it for the timeline and for the media browser

Last:

Be able to give a shortcut to everything that is inside the program.

I hope you take in consideration my suggestions that comes from years of work (everysingle day no breaks, another youtuber can understand sigh)

Those suggestions would not change the way the program works, but just add some useful features that everyone would like, and drag even professionals to your software.

Thank you.

-Gabby

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2022 06:40

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Great suggestions! But you'll need to submit them directly to CyberLink using the following contact link, as the development team does not directly monitor the forum:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Let me know your ticket number when submitted, and I can send it to my contacts for them to review.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Gabby16bit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2022 04:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Great suggestions! But you'll need to submit them directly to CyberLink using the following contact link, as the development team does not directly monitor the forum:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Let me know your ticket number when submitted, and I can send it to my contacts for them to review.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi thanks for the answer, here is the ticket number CS002587079