Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 2021 Ultimate Upgrade or Full retail version
7Seven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2018 21:46 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
The last version of PD I have is 2019. I would like to get the 2021 version but was wondering about the install.
I just bought a new computer and it is clean. I see that I can get a good discount on the 2021 upgrade version that
I want, but was wondering about the install or upgrade path. What I want to know is this.

If I buy the PD 2021 version as a upgrade from cyberlink's store. When I go to install it, do I just need my good PD 2019 install serial Lic code? Or do I have to actually reinstall the PD 2019 Ultimate and re activate it before I can install or activate the new PD 2021 upgrade version?

I just would like to keep my computer as clean as I can. Thanks in advance.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
As I understand it, you will need to have a licensed version of the program on your computer in order to install the upgrade.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The information above is not correct.

We confirmed with CyberLink that there is no need to install the old version on the new computer during the upgrade of PowerDirector 19 to 21. Instead, you will be asked for the product key for PowerDirector 19 during the installation of the upgrade version.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do