Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion trail fx
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Just to see what it looked like I dragged the motion trail fx on to a clip. It then downloaded and initialised but when I looked at the clip it was now black. If I try to drag the fx to an fx line it won't drop. What am I doing wrong?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Go to Preference/Hardware acceleration and uncheck enable hardware decoding. Uncheck the other box too if necessary and click ok.
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Go to Preference/Hardware acceleration and uncheck enable hardware decoding. Uncheck the other box too if necessary and click ok.

Thanks Tomasc. I tried that and it didn't make any difference. I tried dropping various other fxs on to the clip. Most worked but any with AI in the name gave me black. Do I need to initialise AI in some way?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See the the PD365 minimum system requirements for AI : https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/specs_en_US.html , OS, cpu and gpu minimum are given here.

If your system meets the minimum requirements, then you may want to contact CyberLink support.
A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See the the PD365 minimum system requirements for AI : https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/specs_en_US.html , OS, cpu and gpu minimum are given here.

If your system meets the minimum requirements, then you may want to contact CyberLink support.

Tomasc
Thanks. It looks as though my graphics card is not up to it.