Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can playhead tracking be turned on and off?
expos1226 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2022 11:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I often work very zoomed in trying to get clips lined up just so and find it very annoying that my visual of the point on the timeline I'm working is lost as the playhead keeps moving. If I can't get the clip just right in the span of a couple of seconds, my field of view jumps to the next few seconds and I have to pause and pull the area I was working on back into view. Most music software has the ability to turn off and on playhead tracking. I'd like to know if this feature exists in the software or if it could be added to the preferences on a future update.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: When you have the zoom level and view set for the timeline position you want to keep, place the playhead at the horizontal center of the screen and hit the M key to place a marker. You can't disable the tracking/scrolling, but when you want to come back to your previous view, hit the spacebar to pause playback then hold down Shift+left arrow and you'll be right back where you wanted to be.

You can move or remove that marker as needed.
expos1226 [Avatar]
[Post New]
optodata - Thank you for the helpful suggestion. It does work, but unfortunately for me, it's only slightly less cumbersome than scrolling backwards. Perhaps this could be a feature added to future updates? Is there any way to contact the developers to add such a feature?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sure - use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from the File menu
expos1226 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have reached out to CyberLink per your recommendation. Thank you!