Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 19. How to undo Fix/Enhance
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing a large project with many video files from different cameras. The images from one of the cameras arrived with a very deep blue tint. I was able to use "Color Match" to adjust them all into colors that were close enough to the other cameras for the purpose of the video.

Then, while I am putting the final touches on the project before burning a disk, I notice that the video from two clips from that camera have apparently reverted back to their original blue tint, although the little "i" in the corner is still there.

I tried using "Color Match" to get them back to the colors that were closer to the other footage, and it worked for one of the files, but the other, while closer, still had a light bluish tint, and now had an unrealistic glow in the sky.

I went back to the last version I had saved under a different file name, and saw the previous "fix" was stil there. I thought that by copying and pasting those clips into the current version, it would transport the correct "fixing." It does not seem to have worked. It appears that the "fixing" that I did in the current program is sticking to the footage that I have pasted from the older version.

So I have two possibilities:
1. Is there a way to undo the "fix" to go back to the origingal color of the footage so I can try to "color match" again or else manually adjust the colors to be closer to the other footage?

...or...

2. Should I just use the workaround of taking the footage from that properly corrected version of that one scene, creating it as a whole separate project, saving it, producing it, then dropping it into the place of the one that is giving me the problem, and move on? Zorikh
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
1. Is there a way to undo the "fix" to go back to the origingal color of the footage so I can try to "color match" again or else manually adjust the colors to be closer to the other footage?

Hello,

Can you try:

1. Selecting the clip on the timeline.

2. Clicking Fix/Enhance button.

3. Deselecting the Color Match check box.

This should remove the applied color match.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Can you try:

1. Selecting the clip on the timeline.

2. Clicking Fix/Enhance button.

3. Deselecting the Color Match check box.

This should remove the applied color match.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am pretty sure I tried that, but no, the "fixed" version did not "unfix" when I unclicked the box.

I wound up doing the "workaround," and that got the better fixed versions from the previous version into the video.

But now I am finding another clip from that same camera with the same problem: Had been "Matched," now it doesn't match. the "i" is still in the box in the corner of the file on the timeline. I thinkI am seeing what happened. All these clips are on track3, and whatever the source, they all have the little "i" in the corner. When I hover over it I see that it refers to a "lighting adjustment." I remember making a lighting adjustment for one clip, but I guess this is what happens when you click "apply to all?"

Lesson learned. Fortunately all the otehr clips than this last one I just discovered look fine with the adjustment, and I am guessing that the "Color Match" is affected by "Extreme Backlight." Zorikh