Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sharpness of Video DVD 720x560 16:9
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I am still trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - looking at rendering performance.
My latest little test compares ANOther Editor with PD8 and the original film clip. All supposed to be HQ, ie 720x576 PAL.
They show that PD8 is marginally better than the ANOther editor, but both degrade the image a bit. This is not surprising since the original image is a lossy compression in the first place. You can see artifacts even on the original clip (Intermarche sign). NOT due to the capture.

First, two pictures showing some detail from the three, in the order above then the actual screen scrapes.
The first is a supermarket sign in the background, clearly not the focus plane.

Next, a number plate on a bus roughly in the focus plane.

Full image: A.N.Other Video Editor

Full image: Power Director 8

Full image: Original Camera Clip

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232