Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black stripes?
[Post New]
How remove black stripes on the top and bottom? Screenshot:
[Thumb - 2010-06-12_055133.jpg]
 Filename
2010-06-12_055133.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
235 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2010 22:55

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 7Azimuth,

Right Click on the video clip in the timeline and then select "Set Aspect Ratio". Since the clips are not 4:3 or 16:9 select that choice and use the drop down window to select a method to fill the screen that you find acceptable. Keep in mind that some of the choices result in you losing some of the sides of the original video.

If you want to apply these changes to ALL of your clips....select "Apply to all video clips".

I hope this helps,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2010 23:26

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
And so, to cut without losing some of the sides of the original video? Sorry for my English
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
In order not to lose any of your video...you would choose "stretch to 16:9 video", but the downside to this option is that the image will be stretched so that some things in your video may look distorted. So you have to decide what's best for your video clips...just experiment a little with the choices and see what you like the best. It's a personal choice.

Kevin
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Nice new Avatar (DirectorZone avatar) Kevin. You are in control 7Azimuth issue now, like your ship.

By the way... how do you insert the "Clip Aspect Radio Settings" on the forum to appear instantly on the message?
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Good Morning Nicolas,

All you need is an online account to store your pictures. If you right click on the picture in the message and select "Properties" it will show you that I have a Photobucket account, that's where I upload my pictures when I use them in the forums. Then you simply paste the "url" of the picture within the message in the post.

I made a short 4 minute tutorial explaining how to do it. Care to be bored for four minutes?
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/2/P03_IRi7n2g

Kevin
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
This is only a test.... . This is just a test from Kevin post and nothing have to do with 7Azimuth original post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2010 19:42