Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing chapter backgrounds in PD7
RJR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2010 22:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Hi everybody.

Have a question concerning the changing and customizing of chapter backgrounds in Menu Designer.

After selecting a template I am able to change backgrounds on the Title page and Chapter pages.
What I want to do is have a different background for each chapter page.

With the Chapter page I get the option to apply my background on all Chapters pages [YES] or [NO].
When I select [No] the designer applies my background to all my Chapter pages anyway!!

This is also true when I add an image to one Chapter page, when the question is asked and I select [NO] it applies my image to all chapters??

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks....

Rob...
Marcin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 07:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
PD is wrong like always... use EDIUS or Premiere Pro...

PD 7 is useless in dvd menus...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2010 19:10

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Marcin, Marcin... PD is not always wrong. You just have to take your time and learn how it works....
Quote: PD is wrong like always... use EDIUS or Premiere Pro... PD 7 is useless in dvd menus...
'

Robert

I not really sure if PD7 can do it, but in PD8 is very easy. Maybe it will help:

1. Go to [Create Disc]
2. Select [Content] tab
3. Click on [Menu Structure] button.
4. Click on the Sub-Menu, where you desired chapter is (One level below the root)
5. Click on the [Menu Preferences] tab and select menu template that you like with your preferred background. A window will open asking you with 4 buttons (Apply to all Pages, Modify, Apply and Cancel). Make sure you press on [APPLY] to only apply to the selected chapter menu.

Before you go to step 5, make sure you have either edit or create and save your preferred menu template style.

Regards,
Nicolas
RJR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2010 22:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Nicolas...

Bless your heart!!!

I have been battling this menu thing for months. Don’t know why I was obsessed with the different menu backgrounds, possibly due to the older Roxio video editing programs I used and sort of liked them.

With this Vista 32 machine I started with PD6 and was able to opt for different chapter menu backgrounds, upgraded to PD7 and -- well -- it’s been plagued with problems. Could not get anyone to tell me yaa or naa to chapter menu backgrounds.

I downloaded the PD8 trial and your system works. I happen to know that there is no chapter struture in PD7.

Looks like I will be upgrading.

Thanks!!!

From the great northwest....

Rob...
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
No problem. Thats the forum for....and wellcome to PD8..