Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 and Nvidia 400 series currently not compatible
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It would appear that PD8, release 2704 is not compatible with the Nvidia 400 series cards, at least PD8 does not function correctly during produce with my GeForce GTX470 and Win7/64. The GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop Nvidia GPUs use the same driver but the 400 series does not which maybe part of the issue. Reverting back to a 8 series GeForce in the same PC works fine. The CL site does not claim compatibility http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/faster-performance_en_US.html so just a warning to those that wish to try.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Jeff -

Thanks for posting your findings. The GTX480 (and cooling system!) are on my wish list, so I'll hold fire on that. My budget wasn't too keen on the idea anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe Santa will come early for you.

CL provides the additional FAQ information which leads one to think it would be compatible, but that has not been the case for me. Namely, GPU higher than 8 series and on Nvidia list, 470 meets these requirements.
----------------------
How do I know if my NVIDIA card is compatible with the CUDA version of CyberLink PowerDirector?
CyberLink PowerDirector requires NVIDIA CUDA technology and will run on NVIDIA 8 series or higher GPUs.

The CUDA version of CyberLink PowerDirector 7 currently supports the following NVIDIA VGA series:
NVIDIA GeForce and GeForce Mobile
NVIDIA Quadro and Quardro Mobile
NVIDIA Tesla

For more information about NVIDIA's CUDA, go to: www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html
---------------------
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6503&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nvidia released new drivers for the 400 series cards, version 257.21 on 6/15 and that corrected the compatibility issues I had observed with PD8. The 400 series card now performs rather nicely.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I missed the post originally - sorry Jeff. I think the post was made during the UK's extended holiday weekend. Good interesting information.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2010 04:09