Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FLV
BEN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2010 02:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I paid $99 for this useless software that promised that it could play .FLV files. Oh sure it can play them, but only as an audio file. Is there any reason why you paid guys can't do what EM TOTAL Player pretty much does for free? I also didn't even get a volume boost using your software. Pathetic in everyway.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ben,

I am just another user on the forum. I looked up what you were referring to. It says that it can play FLV(H.264)**, and these are video files, not audio as far as I know. They would be HD 1920x1080 resolution.
** via Windows 7 codec for PowerDVD 10 (Standard), while Ultra and Deluxe versions include their own codec.

What type of flv file are you trying play? Does it meet these requirements?

Is there any reason why you paid guys can't do what EM TOTAL Player pretty much does for free?

I am afraid I can't answer why..... as I drive boats for a living I am not that knowledgable about why companies make certain decisions the way they do regarding software:

Just a question.....If EM TOTAL Player does it for free...why did you purchase Power DVD? That didn't make sense to me. Did you try Power DVD before you bought it? I ran it through its paces with the 30-day free trial and I have been completely pleased with its performance on my setup. I am not trying to be confrontational with you...just asking a polite question in a calm and friendly way.

Warm Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2010 07:37

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
If it hasnt been too long, then maybe ask them for a refund.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin brings up a great point....If you have purchased Power DVD within 30 days....you CAN get your money back. I don't think anyone wants you to keep the software if you feel it is "useless".

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Peppino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2010 17:39 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
To play FLV files in PowerDVD is simple. Download and install PlayFLV, a free installation package that enables Media Players to play FLV (Flash Video) files.

Google "PlayFLV" to download.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2010 22:27