Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 - Audio EQ
Ovation99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2009 07:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Have I missed something?
Is there a facility within PD8 to adjust the EQ of an audio track?
I have this facility in Final Cut Pro and just wondered if it is in PD8.javascript:emoticon('');

Many thanks
Al Woodall MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
CPU: AMD FX8150 Eight Core
Ram: 16GB Corsair 1666mhz
HDD: Various. All SATA 7200 RPM
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ovation99,

PD8 just has some basic noise reduction profiles. Select the clip on the timeline then select the Fix/Enhace button. Select "Audio Denoise" There are Three choices available in a drop down menu....Stationary, Wind, and Clicking.

I have had more benefit if the audio is really bad by "Splitting" the audio off of the clip. Just right click the clip and select "Split audio. It then creates a wav file that you designate its new home with a folder and name designation. Import it into an Audio editor of your choice, make your corrections and resave it...then import it back into PD and place it on a sound track or music track. It's really not that much of an irritation for me. Nothing much irritates me anyways!!

Maybe on the next release PD will get more audio manipulation tools. But for now...we have what we have.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Ovation99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the response.
I tried your suggestion of splitting audio and it came up with the notice that it place the audio onto the audio track, with no option to save it elsewhere.
I checked the properties and it states that it is an AAC audio, but not a wave file.
Am I doing something wrong or are you using a different version to PD8?
Thanks
Al Woodall

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2010 14:58

MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
When you import your video to the library right click and select extract audio. PD will then allow you to save your file anywhere you want on your PC. The resulting file will have a wav file extension. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Ovation99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Gotcha !!
I was trying to export fro the timeline. Doh !!
Thanks James
Al Woodall MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
And I had my terms incorrect as well, that certainly didn't help you! Thank You James!!

Extract Audio - From the Media Library
Split Audio - From the Timeline

Kevin