Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
crooks! will never do business again**edit resolved yay!**
Ward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2008 08:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Wow! talk about customer service! I will never do business with Cyberlink again!! in a nutshell, I bought the upgrade to 9 less than a month before 10 came out. I was told I was eligible for a free upgrade, and promised that upgrade because I purchased it less than 30 days before the new version was released.
I never received it, and when I made an inquiry I was told I was no longer eligible...from my understanding thats breach of contract!

===============================================

WARD R. Asked 2010-05-06 20:06:06.767

I upgraded to powerdvd from 8 ultra on February 20th. less than a month later 10 is released. I would not have upgraded had I known this and feel since the new version came out less than 30 days after i purchased 9 ultra I should be able to get 10 for free.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number: xxxxx
Order Date: February 19, 2010 11:08:17 PM CST

Ward R.
Product SKU: xxxxxx
Product Name: Upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra from 7/8 Ultra (Download version)
Qty: 1
Price: $50.96
Digital Rights: xxxxxxx

****I still haven't received any software or codes. Please send me the code so I can upgrade 10** You promised I would have it by the end of April.

vCSaba Reply 2010-05-11 16:43:28.89

Dear Ward,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you have purchased the CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra software and you wish to get the free upgrade to CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra software from CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra software.

In regards to your concern, I want to inform you that our sales team offer a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra as you have bought the PowerDVD 9 within 30 days prior to the launch of PowerDVD 10 software on March 17' 2010.

As you have purchased the "Upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra from 7/8 Standard/bundled (Download)" on 2010-02-20, you are not entitled to get the free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra software.

So, you have to purchase the upgrade to CyberLink PowerDVD 10 Ultra software.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards

Saba

CyberLink Technical Support
WARD R. Asked 2010-03-23 15:15:19.64

I upgraded to powerdvd from 8 ultra on February 20th. less than a month later 10 is released. I would not have upgraded had I known this and feel since the new version came out less than 30 days after i purchased 9 ultra I should be able to get 10 for free.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number: xxx
Order Date: February 19, 2010 11:08:17 PM CST

Ward R.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Shipping Address:
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxx

Product SKU: xxxxxx
Product Name: Upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra from 7/8 Ultra (Download version)
Qty: 1
Price: $50.96
Digital Rights: xxxxxx

vCSaba Reply 2010-03-24 07:02:12.84

Dear Ward,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you have purchased the CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra software and you wish to get the free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 software from PowerDVD 9 software.

In regards to your concern, I want to inform you that our sales team offer a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 as you have bought the PowerDVD 9 within 30 days prior to the launch of PowerDVD 10 software on March 17' 2010.

Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

If you don't receive the software by the end of April, then you may get back to us.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards

Saba

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2010 18:46

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have just read your comments.

I have emailed CyberLink Customer Support on the points you've raised. I could have used the Order Number and your other contact details to get a faster answer. Can you PM them to me please?

I don't promise anything at this stage - I'm just enquiring about the problem.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi R Ward,

I have today received a message from CyberLink.

CyberLink Head Office has contacted the Call Centre who gave you the original (wrong) answer. You should be able to now upgrade. Let me know if you run into difficulties.

My ref: 2010-05-11 (just the date on my records).

I hope this helps.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2010 06:47

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
What excellent Customer Service!!
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Ward [Avatar]
[Post New]
wow thanks! i PM'd you the original info, thanks a million!
Ward [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update, just got a download link from Cyberlink, I am very happy! Thanks again.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Not crooks after all..

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Just goes to show that if you complain in a constructive manner, without abusive or foul language, forum members will help to resolve the issue.

Posts that have abusive or attacking content, and lacking in substance as to precisely what the issue is, will not be answered by forum members and in most cases will be removed by the moderators or admin. staff.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Peppino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2010 17:39 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
It's good that the developer eventually provided Ward with the free upgrade that he was entitled anyway to but you can't blame him for being angry at first
PHILIP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2010 12:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Ward is not the only person who has this problem. I have the exact same problem, but have not felt like battling them. Except I purchased version 9 on March 16th.

I do think they are crooks. Not just for not providing the free upgrade, but the software features that frequently quit working (i.e. cinema mode).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2010 12:28