Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector19 - Problem burning disk
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project that is one hour and 50 minutes long. It is made up of video clips of a variety of resolutions and frame rates, but I want to master it at 1280x720/24p. I am trying to burn it onto a dual-layer disk of 8.5GB. When I go to "Burn Disk," the indicator at the bottom left corner says that the project is going to be 8172 MB and the only "Encoding Format and Quality" options I get are "MPEG-2," and "HQ720 x 480/601 (9.5Mbps)" and "SmartFit."

SmartFit takes the size to 8427 MB.

I have tried burning a disk both ways and it has failed both ways, cancelling at about 56% burned.

I tried reducing the size of the project by deleting clips from the timeline that were not visible or audible because there was another clip on the screen and/or the clip was muted. Then not only did I Produce the video, I then ran it through Handbrake to compress it a bit. I think this trick worked, because I was able to burn a disk. However, when I played the disk on my DVD player, I discovered that I edited out too much. There was some missing footage in the program.

So I fixed that, adding back the footage that was left, and then I noticed the "Profile analyzer" in the "produce" page. OF the optiins available I selected one that had the resolution and frame rate I wanted. I "proiduced" it, and got a video that was only 1.5GB. I watched it on my computer. I t looked great, with all the hi-res intact.

I loaded that file into PowerDirector19, dropped it into the timeline, and when I went to "Burn Disk" I got the same numbers and the same result as I did with the full-size project with all the clips intact. I tried burning it anyway. Again, it failed at 56%. I tries with SmartFit. Same result.

On top of that, when I looked at the file that was created, the resolution was much lower than the original.

What am I missing here? How can I get my project to bun onto a disk?

PS: The last project I had was failing repeatedly with Staples disks, but worked when I used WinData disks. I have been only using WinData disks now.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Check Create a folder only(8172 MB). Use ImgBurn(freeware) to burn to a blank DVD DL disc. You will be unlikely to waste a disc if the size is 98% or less. If you want, use Power2Go to burn the folder to disc and get similar results.

The created folder may already be there for you to burn to disc using either program if you know where to look.
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Check Create a folder only(8172 MB). Use ImgBurn(freeware) to burn to a blank DVD DL disc. You will be unlikely to waste a disc if the size is 98% or less. If you want, use Power2Go to burn the folder to disc and get similar results.

The created folder may already be there for you to burn to disc using either program if you know where to look.

Thanks for the reply!

Where is the "create a folder only" button? Or is it what happens when you uncheck "Burn a disk" and check "Create a folder?" Zorikh
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Check Create a folder only(8172 MB). Use ImgBurn(freeware) to burn to a blank DVD DL disc. You will be unlikely to waste a disc if the size is 98% or less. If you want, use Power2Go to burn the folder to disc and get similar results.

Wel, I tried that. andit loosk like I have the file there. I will download that program and try burning a disk in the morning.

Thanks! Zorikh
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]

Wel, I tried that. andit loosk like I have the file there. I will download that program and try burning a disk in the morning.

Thanks!

I downloaded the program and successfully burned the disk! Thanks! Zorikh