Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have two questions
slanoue2022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2022 03:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I'm new to all of this software. I bought an external DVD burner from Dell (Buffalo brand). It came with Cyberlink Media Suite 10. When I tried to install the software, I got two error messages. I had Dell tech support on the phone, but then they hung up on me. I might call them back, but in the meantime, I contacted the CyberLink support via email, and I'm waiting on them. So if anyone knows how to fix these errors below (so I don't have to wait), I am grateful. I will attach them.

One error occurred when I tried to install the software (twice). The second one occurs if I try to open the desktop link. If I go to the list of Cyberlink programs in my computer menu, most of them do nothing if I click on them.

In the meantime, I realized that I just need Power2Go to burn my DVDs, and that part installed fine, but I did have to upgrade, pay for the upgrade, and update. I'm not too happy about that and intend to give Dell a hard time for both hanging up on me and giving me a product that I had to pay an additional $40 to use.

Anyway, about my other question... I have some large videos I made on another program. They are AVI files. I want to reduce their size so I can upload them to my site, OR split them up. I haven't had much luck finding good software for that. I made them using the program called TotalRecorder. I'm sure there is some setting on there I need to change to make the files smaller, but so far I haven't figured it out.

At any rate, my question is this: can PowerDirector help me either reduce the file size, convert it to something smaller or split it into parts? And does it come with Cyberlink Media Suite 10 (I don't see it in my directory, so perhaps the error prevented it from installing)? And if it doesn't do that, do any of the products here do that (and if so, which one)?

Thanks!

Suzanne
[Thumb - error1.jpg]
 Filename
error1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error I received while installing
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - error2.png]
 Filename
error2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error I receive now when I click on the desktop link
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi. I'm new to all of this software. I bought an external DVD burner from Dell (Buffalo brand). It came with Cyberlink Media Suite 10. When I tried to install the software, I got two error messages. I had Dell tech support on the phone, but then they hung up on me. I might call them back, but in the meantime, I contacted the CyberLink support via email, and I'm waiting on them. So if anyone knows how to fix these errors below (so I don't have to wait), I am grateful. I will attach them.

One error occurred when I tried to install the software (twice). The second one occurs if I try to open the desktop link. If I go to the list of Cyberlink programs in my computer menu, most of them do nothing if I click on them.

In the meantime, I realized that I just need Power2Go to burn my DVDs, and that part installed fine, but I did have to upgrade, pay for the upgrade, and update. I'm not too happy about that and intend to give Dell a hard time for both hanging up on me and giving me a product that I had to pay an additional $40 to use.

Anyway, about my other question... I have some large videos I made on another program. They are AVI files. I want to reduce their size so I can upload them to my site, OR split them up. I haven't had much luck finding good software for that. I made them using the program called TotalRecorder. I'm sure there is some setting on there I need to change to make the files smaller, but so far I haven't figured it out.

At any rate, my question is this: can PowerDirector help me either reduce the file size, convert it to something smaller or split it into parts? And does it come with Cyberlink Media Suite 10 (I don't see it in my directory, so perhaps the error prevented it from installing)? And if it doesn't do that, do any of the products here do that (and if so, which one)?

Thanks!

Suzanne

Hi,

MediaSuite 10 is an older suite bundled by some hardware manufacturers as a "giveaway". The contents of the standard MediaSuite 10 can be found here :
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14840

It is possible that hardware manufacturers can specify differences from the standard product.

PowerDirector is currently on version 21 so your suite has a limited version of PowerDirector 10 included, which makes it over 10years old.

Depending on your hardware and operating system, there may be compatibility issues with older software that constrain installation but that's difficult to troubleshoot without more detail. That may be the reason for the upgrade. I suspect you have a more recent version of Power2Go now.

In general, PowerDirector will do your splitting and file size reduction without problems.

In principle, you would launch PDR, import your .avi file to the Media Library, drag it to the timeline and Produce it to a format and profile of your choice (of which there are many) depending on your exact requirements.

If you wished to split the .avi files you can split and remove sections and then produce, or use the Produce Range function to produce just a section of your main file.

Probably the best way to test if it meets your requirements is to download the Essentials version
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-video-editing-software/download_en_US.html

and see what it does. It is limited compared to the main versions, and outputs are watermarked, but it might show you what you could do?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do