Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vertical edge distortion on image after capture
[Post New]
Primary School end of term achievements and play.

During capture the picture is perfectly ok.

After Capture in Edit when the video is played along the timeline, if the camera is panning or somebody moves, all the vertical edges of anything in the picture distort to resemble the teeth of a saw.

I am now playing the video on the TV direct from the camcorder with no sign of the slightest distortion.

What is PD7 doing to the captured video to turn it into such a mess and completely unsatisfactory for burning to DVD?

Thanks,

Phil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2010 09:09

Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Look up the word "interlace" and then look up "progressive" in a search engine.

Video is recorded in either type format.

I prefer to shoot/edit my video in progressive HD, that would be 720p (1280x720) or 1080p of 1920x1080.

Jagged edges are interlace issues.

Progressive is the way you want to go.

Look up vn800rider's post in the Tip section here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#20548

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2010 12:52

[Post New]
Dafydd, thanks for your help.

We've had this Canon MV850i (interlaced I think) camera since July 2005 and only just now in the last couple of months experienced this distortion problem using PD7.
Pinnacle Studio 9 came free with the camera and we used that for about 4 yrs till we purchased PD7 in June, 2009 and did not experience the problem till 2010.
If interlacing is the problem then it has only just happened in the last few months which seems illogical to me.
The only thing I can think of that may have affected things is that a setting may have been accidentally changed on the camera such as SP /LP perhaps.
Would that make it happen?

I also noticed that there was a lot of wind noise and school noise on the last two videos and that on the last video (school noise) it appears that possibly the movement/panning when accompanied by noise causes the picture to distort. Quiet patches appear to leave the picture ok.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2010 03:57

Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM