Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Panning audio tracks
TMan3000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2022 18:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just started using PD 365. Why? Because I want to make a music video. I have the music recorded. It is in stereo, of course. Thus there are two tracks, left and right. (This is pretty much basic stuff, here... you must have two tracks for a stereo audio "image".)
So I import the two tracks into two PD 365 audio tracks. The next step is to PAN them left and right so I can have stereo.

Why is this not an option in PD 365? Am I missing something? The only thing I can find is some instructions about how to make a "stereo" (doubled) audio track out of a "mono" track, which really isn't possible. That isn't what I'm doing.
Can we only do mono sound with PD??
Help!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You cannot pan audio in PowerDirector, as this is done in the companion audio program AudioDirector, which is included in Director Suite or individually. The audio mixing and editing features are limited to what's available in the Mix Room and the Audio Editor.

FYI, PowerDirector can produce files with AAC 5.1 audio.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
TMan3000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2022 18:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

You cannot pan audio in PowerDirector, as this is done in the companion audio program AudioDirector, which is included in Director Suite or individually. The audio mixing and editing features are limited to what's available in the Mix Room and the Audio Editor.

FYI, PowerDirector can produce files with AAC 5.1 audio.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I am working on the audio in Audio Director 365, as suggested. It is clearly a sophisticated program, but it is astounding that the simple process of panning tracks left or right is not intuitive or clearly demonstrated. Even when a track is panned it seems to immediately revert to center.

The tutorial videos in Cyberlink also say almost nothing about it. You'd think that there would be one single tutorial that shows all the basic audio editing processes: volumn, equalization, level, gain, and PANNING.

It is odd that the specs recommended on the YouTube site do indeed indicate that music should be in stereo for a posted music video, but in general the CyberLink suite of tools seems to be based on a mono approach.
Perhaps that is the problem?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I am working on the audio in Audio Director 365, as suggested. It is clearly a sophisticated program, but it is astounding that the simple process of panning tracks left or right is not intuitive or clearly demonstrated. Even when a track is panned it seems to immediately revert to center.

The tutorial videos in Cyberlink also say almost nothing about it. You'd think that there would be one single tutorial that shows all the basic audio editing processes: volumn, equalization, level, gain, and PANNING.

It is odd that the specs recommended on the YouTube site do indeed indicate that music should be in stereo for a posted music video, but in general the CyberLink suite of tools seems to be based on a mono approach.
Perhaps that is the problem?

Hi,

Could we re-trace back a bit?

You are working with 2 stereo recordings, is that correct?

So you have 2 tracks, each with 2 audio channels.

You want to distribute those 2 stereo recordings by panning and finally combine them into a single stereo audio track in a music video.

PDR's inbuilt audio editor does not have a panning facility between tracks or between stereo channels.

ADR can handles up to 6 channels within a single track for editing. It will pan FL and FR channels only.

So, working in ADR's Edit room you can pan the spatial position of a stereo track by keyframing the green panning level line.

Working in ADR's Mixing room you can pan multiple stereo tracks by keyframing the green panning level line for each track, which is activated by the LRmixer icon to the right of each track control panel.

Finally you can produce that as normal to a single mono, stereo upto 7.1 profile audio track of your choice.

Have I got your requirements right?

If not can you provide some screenshots or screen captures showing what you need to achieve and members might be able to help more fully.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - ADR Mixing room.png]
 Filename
ADR Mixing room.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
240 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2022 05:38

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do