Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade transition flips image vertically
XtineV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2022 13:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 365 for my PC, but this is about the PD o have on my phone...no idea what it's called exactly or if anyone here could answer, but...

The last couple videos I've cut using my phone ended with one particular basic transition presenting ugly. Instead of just doing a 1 second fade between clips, it briefly flipped the image in the vertical then finished the fade. This even occurred when transitioning from a black colorboard to video.

Like the wrong room...but anyone have a guess?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PD 365 for my PC, but this is about the PD o have on my phone...no idea what it's called exactly or if anyone here could answer, but...

The last couple videos I've cut using my phone ended with one particular basic transition presenting ugly. Instead of just doing a 1 second fade between clips, it briefly flipped the image in the vertical then finished the fade. This even occurred when transitioning from a black colorboard to video.

Like the wrong room...but anyone have a guess?

Hi,

Not something that I can recall coming up previously. More detail would be helpful.

The app does get configured differently depending on OS and hardware so it becomes difficult for others to troubleshoot, unless the same environment is replicated.

In the meantime, maybe your best path is to raise a support ticket (link in the signature below) and see if they can offer any insights.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
phoenixcuts88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2022 17:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Not something that I can recall coming up previously. More detail would be helpful.

The app does get configured differently depending on OS and hardware so it becomes difficult for others to troubleshoot, unless the same environment is replicated.

In the meantime, maybe your best path is to raise a support ticket (link in the signature below) and see if they can offer any insights.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello!

I have actually had the same issue.

When doing transitions, my video changes orientation very briefly at the very beginning of the transition. So as the OP has described, when doing a fade transition, as the transition starts, the video changes orientation, causing black bars to appear on the top and bottom of the screen as the video rotates. The video seems to rotate 90 degrees counter clockwise and this lasts for maybe .1-.3s, before reverting back to normal and finishing the transiton.

I have been using PowerDirector on my S22+ for about 3 months and I just noticed the issue this morning. I tried getting rid of my data/cache, reinstalling the app, restarting my phone. I can't figure out what the problem is.
Please look into this and provide any insights that you can.
Thank you so much!
Have a good day!