Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AC3 Audio
George [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2010 19:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if PowerDirector 8 really supports HD video with AC3 sound? When I import these videos and start to edit, the sound disappears. PD reports unrecognized audio format. The same happens with SD videos and AC3 as well.
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi George

PD8 claims to handle the following Audio formats Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A. It appears AC3 is not supported.

Robert
George [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. This posting (from PowerDirector FAQs is why I thought it supported AC3:

Why can't I get any audio when I import a .vob file?

The reason why you don't get audio in your .vob files after you have imported them into PowerDirector is because you have the OEM version which does not support AC3 decoding.

Only our retail version supports the playback of .vob files with AC3 decoding.

If it does work, I certainly can't figure out how. I do get audio with MP3.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have a recent video that I just finished working on and GSpot tells me it is AC3 audio. I didn't do anything special. It just worked. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
George

What version of PD8 do you have? Not all support Dolby 2 or 5.1 channel. See attached summary of PD8 versions.

Jeff
 Filename
CyberLink PowerDirector 8 versions.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
PD8 Version summary
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
712 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2010 22:26

George [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have PD8 Deluxe retail which is supposed to support everything but Blue Ray burning, I think.