Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
adding continuous audio to a movie timeline
djjje [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Berkshire, UK Joined: Mar 25, 2010 11:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to PD8 and rather than use the MovieWizard to automate everything for me (and chop the video clip right down in time) I want to do my own video editing of transitions and subtitles etc. This is working fine up to the point where I want a single audio overlay from my music library to last for the whole movie. The movie is approx 100mins but the audio is 3 mins. Is there a mechanism to mark-in and mark-out the audio track and then automatically have the marked cut on a continuous loop for the duration of the video timeline.

Thanks for your help
djjje [Avatar]
[Post New]
An addition to my own post.....

I am using a trial version of PD8 at the moment prior to making a decision to buy.

I now realise that Magic Music is the tool to do what i need to do but is this tool disabled in the trial version? Can i also use this on my own music tracks or deos it have to be from tracks purchased from SmartSound

Thanks
Dave
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave -

You've almost answered your own question The SmartSound module in PD only works with SmartSound tracks, which are composed and structured in a very different way from regular audio tracks.

I am not aware of any mechanism in PD which allows you to continuously loop your music... apart from inserting the audio clip repeatedly. 100 minutes of the same 3 minute track? It must be good!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
TheShadowman
Member Location: St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom Joined: Dec 31, 2009 12:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave

Have a look at this link. It may help you with your own music

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/1512.page

I hope this helps

Robert S
djjje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony, Robert,

Thanks very much for posting a reply so quickly. I had managed to get my existing mp3 into PD8 already. Interestingly despite the blurb saying that .m4a is supported i was getting problems which dont seem to be present with an mp3 version of the same.

Tony: I am just messing with a holiday video at the moment whilst I learn my way round PD8. FYI the music track is "Children" by Robert Miles. A suitably innocuous instrumental background that we all like. I have only subjected myself to the first chapter so far - 120mins is probably too much!!

So I guess its a case of repeated insertions of the same track if i want to prolong the music?

My next task is to learn how to create an engaging DVD with professional cuts and music...but Steven Spielberg I am not - yet

Thanks again for your help.
Dave