Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Shot
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I am working on a project for work which is basically an infomercial about a product. My marketing team would like to put a link to the video in an email promotion we will be sending out to our customers.

My question... How can I get a screen shot of my video so we can put the screen shot in the email and customers can click on the screen shot to see the video?

Can I get a screen shot from my PD8 Ultra or do I get it from the output file (MPEG2)

Thanks in advance.

Steve
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Look at the buttons below the preview screen at the top right corner of PowerDirector. There is one that looks like a square inside a square. That will allow you to take a screenshot. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Jaime gave you some excellent advice.

A lot of people forget about the printscreen button on your keyboard. This button effectively copies a picture of your entire screen whatever is on it to the clipboard. You can then open any graphics program hit paste and you have an image of your screen to do with what you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2010 22:48

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jaime and Robert...

I used Jaime's method and it worked perfect.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Some people also forget that Alt+PrtScrn goes one better and takes the snapshoe of the currently open window. Usefull if you want to take a tight bit of information, cos you can resize the window to just show what you really need, then Alt+PrtScr and copy wherever. Nine times out of ten for me it is pasted directly into a Word document... i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
WOW thanks Denbigh, there you go the things you learn, I didn't know that one. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Aussieroo
Newbie Location: Canberra, Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2009 01:05 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
If you have Windows 7 you can use the 'Snipping tool' (found under 'Accessories'). Just hi-lite what you want, snip, and save it to a document etc. Reg
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Or yet another -- and seriously folks, this is the best reference I am likely to give this decade for a bit of software --

The very best viewing environment for photos (too much for me to explain, you must try it, I discover new wonders from time to time), not only that but one can take rectangular or odd-shaped captures with no fuss at all.

It supports dual-monitor, ohhhhhhhh it is just a dream. It seems to know all the raw formats for new cameras, and I think it is free, although after trying it initially, I bought into it.

I attach a rectangular screen cut I did whilst typing this post. You will really love FastStone Image Viewer if you have not found it before...

OOps, my jpg file attachment didn't (attach) - do images have to be in some other particular format?
[Thumb - DemoScreeShot.jpg]
 Filename
DemoScreeShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2010 05:44

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232