Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mac and PD Question...
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I understand that 'media people' always swear by the Mac. Certainly, as a PC user, I always feel that my photography needs (Adobe PSCS4 and Lightroom) are one step behind the Mac.

So, the question - how is the Mac as a platform for Video editing? First, in terms of the workspace and second in terms of rendering speed etc.

Does it have the edge? i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't used a Mac for several years, but I think the gap is closing. They are still more stable than Windows, but not by much. I have had little trouble since upgrading to Vista and tools like PowerDirector are as good as anything that Apple is offering. Just my opinion, of course. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM