Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
vro conversion... whats the best format to convert to?
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2007 07:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone help, i am having to convert my .vro files i have tried a few .avi .mpeg divx etc. I have found concerting to a quicktime file then importing to PD5 to edit the best but am still not completely happy with final dvd on playback. Is the PAL 25fps the best or can anyone give me their tips on a good set up for the best quality picture on playback.
Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'm surprised to see you posted this question under a new subject heading when you have already raised your problem under an earlier posting: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1016.page

The respondent to the above posting gave you sound advice and would have perhaps offered additional help if you'd sent a PM or posted at the same location. Remember a notification is sent out to the contributors of a posting (if the option is not unselected). Don't miss the opportunity to ask a direct question (PM) to someone who has a smidgen of knowledge that might guide you.... especially when we mortals don't have your camcorder or your issues.

It is also good manners to thank someone for answering and I don't see you did this previously, especially when they took the trouble to check an issue for you! http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1016.page

Best of luck

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2007 05:52

Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2007 07:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads up,
I did reply to Tom via a PM, and duely thanked him for his help which on both occasion's was in depth and well explained. The second question was different to the first, i thought, as my initial question was how to change the VRO so PD recognised it, the second was which format was it best to convert to i.e. mpeg, divx, etc for best quality for play back on a DVD player. Maybe i didn't explain myself clearly and appolagise for any offence caused.
I have found out this is a problem specific to Panasonic DVD-RAM discs that i use in the camera, but have found a way of converting it for PD with maximum quality. From now on though i will be using DVD -RW as these write the file as a .VOB file which i believe (correct me if im wrong) can be imported into PD no problem. Once again i appolagise if i should have posted my reply in the forum for all to see, and therefore helped them as well as myself.
If anyone has the same problem as myself with .VRO conversion problems feel free to contact me and i will endevour to pass on my limited knowledge on the matter........i lost sleep so you don't have too!!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent posting with interesting information and a generous offer. thank you.

Dafydd