Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update Timeline Data
[Post New]
Ref: PowerDirector 8.00.2508

Well, I had numorous problems with PowerDirector 7. It kept locking up when creating a disk about 50% of the time even when burning the same project. Tried different disk, different this, different that. Even tried a different computer. Never could get a straight answer from Cyberlink.

So, here comes PowerDirector 8. Surely a "fix". Been working on a project a couple of weeks now off and on. Now, when trying to open it I get a:
Project (99%)
Update Timeline Data

Program locked slap up! Only get out of it with a End Task in Task Manager and then PowerDirector won't even crank up again until I do a re-boot!
CharlesF
Member Location: Everett, Washington. U.S.A. Joined: Apr 16, 2009 20:49 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar frustrations myself. I spent a lot of money on various brands of DVD's and types of DVD's including -R +R, dual layer, etc. None of that fixed the issue for me.

I finally eneded up purchasing the latest and greated model DVD +/-R DL burner (An LG) and the problem went away.

I'm not advising you to purchase a new DVD burner to fix your problem because I'm not sure if it's the exact same problem I had. But if you have some money to spend, it's worth a shot.

Good luck to you. I know how frustrating that is (and costly due to all the wasted DVD's).
IMRANtv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2015 00:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the latest version of PowerDirector 13. I started a new project, imported a video file into it, but did not have time to work on it. So I saved the project and quit the program. 2 days later I started the program, opened the project, and it is now hung at Update Timeline Data 100%. There is NO other app running, not even any edits in that simple project of a 5 minutes video file that was saved and now won't open. Just a buggy user experience too often.

IMRAN