Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Power Director v8 with Capture Card
Claytonb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2010 01:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I can not use Power Director v8 to capture from my TV with my capture card.
I have connected a SCART - RCA composite cable and the capture window once showed the image, sound stopped and started and noticed the mouse sluggish.
Also tried a SCART - RCA L/R audio and SVIDEO cable and was not better.
The capture card I have is the following running on Windows 7 x64
http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=6

I tried a little program called AM Capture and can get the picture up in it but no audio, picture is ok though but minor fuzziness around the edges of people etc.

So, wrong cable? software don't support the card? would like to get this working
railrider56 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Mobile Alabama Joined: Feb 02, 2010 18:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I use a ATI tv wonder pro capture card and have had no prolems. I have been captureing vhs
To and using pd8 to make a dvd with menus been working fine so far. No sync problems either
Jimmy AMD Phenom
XP Pro
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
That card is not supported in Vista or Win7.

You could install Virtual XP and do your capture that way, but, you will probably need a pretty smoking quad core PC to have the horsepower to do that.

I use virtual XP on win7 to run some old hardware scanners that won't run natively on Win7 and there are no drivers except for XP.

Worth a shot... all it will cost you is time.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 17. 2010 23:42

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Claytonb [Avatar]
[Post New]
lol, it has a Certified for Windows Vista sticker on the box but guess Vista and 7 are slightly different, so I have ordered the following USB device which does have Windows 7 x64 drivers which should arrive tomorrow.
It sort of works ok in Windows 7 x64 using Corel VideoSuite Pro X3 but when I start to capture 11 - 12 seconds into the capture it freezes

This is the device I am getting
http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=188

So will let you know what happens, fingers crossed!!
Claytonb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got my new USB capture device and works great with Windows 7 but when I connect a audio RCA and Svideo cable the picture is Black & White
Just stick to compsite I think