Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone captured with a USB2.0 video capture device
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2010 09:12 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, wonder if any one has used one of the USB2.0 video capture devices such as Belkin, StarTech.com S-Video to USB 2.0 Video Capture Cable, Dazzle Video Creator Platinum or Ezcap.

If the answer is yes would be interested to know what settings were used and what the results were like.

Thanks
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the Diamond One-Touch Video Capture VC500. Power Director is one of the few apps that I have where this device can be used. I only install the driver, not the supplemental software.

Nice feature about this device is that both audio and video go through the USB2.0 port allowing them to stay in sync quite well. Other devices such as KWorld DVD Maker USB 2.0 have a separate cord that plugs into the Line-In of your sound card.

Both work in PDR8 ULTRA. I use to capture from a VCR.

I don't change the settings other than change "S-VIDEO" to "Composite." I don't need to adjust audio recording levels with the Diamond. I'm quite happy with the results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2010 01:21

Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2010 09:12 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, it confirms what I have found by Googling that PD8 does work with a USB capture device.