Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 8 crashes with h.264 files on timeline while using dual display
TONY AVS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 10:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know why PD8 freezes up with h.264 files on time line after I selected dual display? It only crashed when dual display is chosen. All other files work fine with dual display.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TONY,

Firstly, please TONY could you add an additional handle to your name, I ask this of you because we have a number of members with the same name?
Examples: TONY of Hereford, TONY96.

OK, a crash is an indication your system is "stressing" with the task you're asking it to carry out. Please look at the guides below and provide PART B. We'll then be able to assess the situation and give you a few suggestions.

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Have you seen this, please add your spec?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
Please add your camera spec here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8727.page
Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2010 12:26

TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will do that. By the way, my PC doesn't crash. What I meant to say was that PD8 freezes when I try to open dual display and the H.264 avchd file (any HD file) has been dragged to the time line. It doesn't freeze when when I watch the file through the preview monitor and the dual display if the file is not on the time line. This happens whether I am using shadow files or not. While observing the Task Manager and the moment of the freeze, there doesn't seem to be any stressing on the system. The CPU is at about 70% and the Ram is at about 1.7 megs.

My system is an Intel (R) Core (TM)2 CPU. 6420 @ 2.13 GHz 2.13. 4 gigs of ram and a 32 bit operating system. I use Windows Vista Business with Service pack 2. I have a GeForce 9800 GT video card. My camera is a Canon Vixia HF S100 camcorder. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the 24 mbps, the 17 or the 12. Nor does it matter whether I use a frame rate 24, 30 or 60. The shutter speed has been set at 60 and 30 will still the same result.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Thank you for making the changes to your display/contact name.

RE:"GeForce 9800 GT video card" that's the one bit of crucial information I needed to know the Mb it has. Is it 512mb? If it is then you'll need to upgrade to a better graphics card.

On my 1gb card I don't have display issues..... but can have if I use 1080p 60fps and place more than one Video Track,and one Full PiP.

In your case I think you may also have a problem using Vista Business, but I'm guessing. The main problem appears to be caused by the graphic card.

I understand the "hanging" as opposed to "crashing".

Take a look here for additional members info:

Have you seen this, please add your spec?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
Please add your camera spec here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8727.page
Thanks
Dafydd
[Moderator]
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
The video card has 1 gig of ram.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem solved. I downloaded the complete 2508 build rather than using the 2508 patch on the site. No problem with the dual display running h.264 files on the time line! Yeah! I had to call the Cyberlink # to get this done.
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have had this enable 2nd screen "lock up" issue happen to me twice. On both occassions it was after I had updated the ATI Drivers. The solution for me was (both times, once with 2508 and once with 2220c).

1. Completely uninstall PD8 and accessories
2. Uninstall ATI drivers
3 Restart system
4 Reinstall ATI Drivers (including AVIVO)
5 Restart System
6 Reinstall PD8 and content pack

I have now actually regressed to 2220C with the >2Gb Header change and it works really well. I am unsure what 2508 was specifically released to fix but I did get the occasional hang with it.

It maybe that when you reinstalled PD8 you actually solved the problem and the Driver reinstall was unnecessary - who knows.

Regards,

Don

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2010 13:13

Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.