Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 Ultra... where is the extra content?
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have PowerDirector 8 Ultra. When I bought it online, I got a "content" file called "PowerDirector8_ContentPack"[b]

But is this really providing a lot of extra?
For example, when I go to Create Disc, I have only 5 menu templates... Shouldn't I have tons of them?
Or are we suppose to download whichever template from DirectorZone?

Thanks for any comment on this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2010 08:17

Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I have 9 standard templates, I think. Did you specifically install the content pack after running the main PD install??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. I did this. And I'm surprised to have so little extra content...
especially when the extra content file is ways bigger than PD8 Ultra itself...
Oh well... __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Steve,
Check out the DirectorZone - you'll find some more.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector/download_en_US.html

Look at the bottom, starting at #4, I think. That should be the extra content. A lot of it is SmartSound and templates. You have some with the program install. The content pack adds more. The Director Zone is also a good suggestion. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
sjordi,

Have you installed "Contente_Pack"?

Jamie
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector/download_en_US.html

Tried your link and cannot see what you meant by "under #4". Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, it's under Limitations. I believe it is a limitation because you don't get the content pack with a trial version, so therefore that should be what is in the content pack. You get some of that with the program. The content just adds more.

I hope that cleared it up. If not, just ask. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
sjordi,

Did not clearly read your very first post.

Indeed, all extra content can be downloaded FREE at DirectZone. I am getting additional menus there. Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.