Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles, lower third
Steve909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2012 14:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
How can I move the entire title down? I can move the text portions, but not the background and animation along with it. . . seems like it should be relatively easy, but I'm a newb. the exact title I am try to edit is the lower third one, looks good for sports, but blocks too much action. .

thx. .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2013 23:22

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How can I move the entire title down? I can move the text portions, but not the background and animation along with it. . . seems like it should be relatively easy, but I'm a newb. the exact title I am try to edit is the lower third one, looks good for sports, but blocks too much action. .

thx. .

Hi Steve909,
Open PDR11,
Place the Title, Sports 002 in track 2
Select Modify
Title Designer displays, select Track 1, draft3.png
Image is now highlighted in the preview and can be repositioned,.

Does that help?

Dafydd
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll check that out tonight! thanks!!
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
tried what you suggested, track one is an "animation", a gray background, but I can't move it. I can move the other track, the text or title tracks, but not the first track. . .

any other thoughts?

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Steve -

My other post has vanished into the ether somewhere. It had a link to a modified title that may suit you... http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131969728

As explained above, the background graphic can be repositioned (but only resized in the same aspect ratio). Screen capture attached.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Title Graphic Shift.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
908 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The title I'm wanting is to put
players name, position
school, and draft year

the sport 2 in the PD 11 is new, and pretty much perfect with the exception that it's a little too high blocks too much

thanks
steve
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i guess the one I'm lookin at is actually called "lower third 01_01"
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Ah - that's a different kettle of fish.

I see what you mean about "animation" now. If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Titles\PDR11_Title_071 you'll see the separate files that make the animation.

To move the animated title bar down the page, each element of the animation (those .png files) would need to be rebuilt.

The alternative would be to use only the last frame of the animation as a static image - that could be moved down the screen, but there'd be no animation.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Steve -

Here's a modified version of LowerThird01_01, with the animation pushed down the screen 25px... http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131969760

Yep - to do it, each of the 210 .png files had to be restructured. Fortunately, some of them were just duplicates.

Cheers - Tony
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
looks sweet. . . thanks for the effort!

is there some PD protocol, do i buy you a coffee or something?
ynotfish
[Post New]
There's no protocol - but you could start one!

Your appreciation is plenty!

Cheers - Tony
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You'll be my go to guy

This new title screen will look good, I do a lot of baseball video, and this color scheme will look good with the logo of the other site I'll be doing stuff for, Big League Futures. . .some of my stuff was on MLB network tonight for the draft, but they just want raw video and give a closing credit. . .

thanks again.
steve
Chyan Han Jasper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2013 10:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

I had a similar problem with Brush_03 titles. I tried to change the colour of the title, but found out that the animation cannot be edited.

From your earlier reply, managed to find the aubdirectory containing the base files. Can you give me a clue on how to restructure the .png files? Totally clueless. Just started using PowerDirector a week ago.

Thanks in advance,
Jasper
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jasper -

Just prepare yourself to be almost completely bored for a little while!

In the case of Brush_03, it's not so difficult because most of the animation is static. i.e. the images are the same (well - they *should be!)

* Side note - there is a slight glitch in the animation at T2_00047 resulting in a "skip". From 00047 on, the images are in a slightly different position.

Anyway - you'll find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Titles\PDR11_Title_094

Here's what to do:
1. Copy & paste the whole folder to your desktop (or somewhere) so you preserve the originals
2. Open your image editor - the screenshot below is Paint.NET
3. Open all the images from T2_00003.png to T2_00024.png
4. Apply the same saturation & hue adjustment to each and save them (same name) - screenshot below
5. Now copy T2_00024 and paste it 275 times!!! Rename the files T2_00025, T2_00026... up to T2_00299
* In doing this you've corrected the glitch at 00047
6. You may want to apply the same adjustment to the Thumb images, but don't modify the .db, .clt or .xml documents (!)

The folder with the modified image files must be stored back in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector11\Titles

After reading that you may decide you're kinda fond of orange & yellow after all

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Colour Change.png]
 Filename
Colour Change.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1041 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2013 17:21

Chyan Han Jasper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2013 10:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks once again. It worked great!
Used "Bulk Rename Utility" for renaming the numerous files, saved some time.

Cheers,
Jasper
ynotfish
[Post New]
Good job Jasper!
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is it possible to make the name, team year stuff scroll in at a set rate? like it all appears after five seconds regardless? If I stretch the overlay out over two minutes, the duration of the clip, it scrolls in really slow, and sometimes the gray backround is the only thing showing. I want a consistent thing here.

I can send you some cash via paypal, don't have a ton, but a littlee something helps. May also ask you to do an intro thing if you are good at that, will pay for that too. . .
I'd like to do something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQtJ9DiyGqU&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_y4feU02_7fLmCqk879K2g
and have it where I can just change the name and team and it adjusts for me (short, like five seconds or so)

thx
steve

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Steve -

Everything about the duration of titles and start/end effects is controlled by the sliders in Title Designer.

If your whole title is 2 minutes long (!) and you want the names etc to come in more quickly you need to move the sliders so they're closer together.

Oh - are you talking about that lower third template? That's not a good candidate for a 2 minute job. The animation will just keep repeating itself.

Most of us here are volunteers. We don't accept payment for helping each other.

Cheers - Tony
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
right now I just put the lower third graphic in the video like three times if it's about a two minute video, I don't mind the repeating, but would like the name, team, year to stay up as long as possible and avoid it scrolling in very slowly.

I don't mind kickin in a little for the effort, for the time
Steve909 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's what i'm using for intro now, just want something better, and more conistent overlay with name/school

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 19. 2013 02:17