Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 13 - Media Source Error [Error Code 3]
Patrick Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 05:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am getting the below message when an avi file is on my timeline:

"Media Source Error [Error Code3]:A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file. Please try again using another media file format."

I have a new PC with:

• Windows 10

• Intel® Core™ i7-4790 Processor

• Memory: 16 GB

• Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 370

I don't get how my machine could have any decoding issues?

Anybody had this issue and able to resolve?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It would help if you post a 5 sec. clip from the camera that gives you that error for other users to check out. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page;jsessionid=0FD5C09503A91F98797A1213B1184D4E and supply a screenshot of the window popup in Part A, a Dxdiag.txt from part B to start.

Beleive that avi file error could be related to Windows 10 in your pc. We won't know without further info from you. When does the error occur, like when you import it to the media library, or when you place it on the timeline, or when you produce it, etc.
Patrick Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 05:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It would help if you post a 5 sec. clip from the camera that gives you that error for other users to check out. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page;jsessionid=0FD5C09503A91F98797A1213B1184D4E and supply a screenshot of the window popup in Part A, a Dxdiag.txt from part B to start.

Beleive that avi file error could be related to Windows 10 in your pc. We won't know without further info from you. When does the error occur, like when you import it to the media library, or when you place it on the timeline, or when you produce it, etc.

The error appears when I have it on the timeline. when it is in the library the video plays fine in preview mode. Cannot attach screenshot atm not available to do that right now.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you're having similar issues as the people on this *thread*

Please see the section starting with the post from AlexanderBSV near the bottom of the page, and then continue to the next page for a possible work-around

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°