Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 10 Compatibility and User Problems
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 13 Editors,

If you've missed the info, please check out News and Announcements Forum: Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor - Check If Your CyberLink Software is Ready For Windows 10!

Following a request from AlS, please add your issues under this one W10 heading and maybe see if we can get something done.

Recent threads/issues:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44354.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44596.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44577.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Jan 01. 2016 04:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe this one as well: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44648.page

Dafydd
JesusSheep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2012 01:25 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Compatability Advisor Shows Needed update when PowerDVD shows no up date Available.
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PowerDirector 13 Editors,

If you've missed the info, please check out News and Announcements Forum: Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor - Check If Your CyberLink Software is Ready For Windows 10!

Following a request from AlS, please add your issues under this one W10 heading and maybe see if we can get something done.

Recent threads/issues:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44354.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44596.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44577.page

Dafydd

Power Diector 13 with latest Patch 2907 hangs with Windows 10.

Pdir 13 not Responding.

See attached jpg
[Thumb - W10_PDIR 13.jpg]
 Filename
W10_PDIR 13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
357 time(s)
[Post New]
I have been using PowerDirector 9 very successfully with my Windows 7 and 8.1 systems for years. Since I upgraded my primary Windows 7 system to Win10, I found it was incompatible with PWD9 and so purchased PowerDirector 13. That was about a week ago. Upon installing the new version as well as the update successfully, I tried to open projects I created in PWDR9. To make a long story short, I could not fine ONE old project that would allow me to produce a file or burn a file with the new version. In each instance I get the same obscure error message. I've had to contact tech support via Cyberlinks innane tech support website and have been frustrated every since. For one thing, there's no way to just 'reply' to an existing incident, which I had to do to request clarification on the support person's obscure directions. Each time I have to request assistance again, I have to go through the same long form that requests the same information (CD key, SR number, OS, error dropdown, etc. etc. Do they do this to push us poor users to pay the $30 for phone support? In any event, after 4 frustrating redundant responses to my specific requests for clarification, I'm at my wits end. Is there any way to complain to a Cyberlink supervisor? I have little confidence this online support will solve my problems.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi rickblaine,
I can forward your concerns to CyberLink. They'll want to have your Support Ticket ID to find out/investigate the situation. Please provide.

If members can be of assistance to you you'll need to provide some additional information. Please start a new topic so we can answer you more fully.
See guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
1. Diagnostic of your computer. Part B
2. Version info - quote the info. Part A
3. How did you "store" your old projects?
4. Did you Pack Project Materials?
From PDR9 to PDR13 some of the default fonts changed, so watch out for any customized Titles when you're able to open the projects.
I hope you're ok with starting a new topic and giving the additional info. I'll pass on your complaint today and await your CS ticket ID.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2015 04:35

[Post New]
Has there been anyone who is successfully using PD13 with Windows 10?
[Post New]
Sure, I'll start a new topic, but I thought the topic was 'Windows 10 Compatibility and User Problems'. How do I start a new topic covering my problem? I see no 'button'
or menu items I can use to start a new topic?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Rickblaine,
Please check out the top left of the main forum page, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/146.page click the button "new topic". Here's the link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=146

You're right about the title, however, you can make a post but this thread isn't intended to be taken over by an individual's issue (that may or may not be related to W10) it's a place to "sound off" and give feedback as you have rightly done.

CyberLink have contacted me today, asking for your CS Ticket ID - remember to add the info in your new topic.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Youcam 5 seems to be working just fine with Win 10. I know this is a PD13 area but still wanted to share in case anyone had questions about it.

I had some major hiccups with installing Win 10 ...but it seems to have worked itself out. I have not tried PD 13 yet but hope to find time to test it today.
[Post New]
Zimbietom, please advise when you've tried processing legacy projects in the Win10 environment. As I've been saying, I even went to the trouble of reinstalling a 'clean' copy of Win10 with PWR13 being the only app (to eliminate any software conflicts), and I still got error messages just processing my old .avi files.
[Post New]
I was able to successfully produce a short video today. I used a wide selection of music, pictures, titles ...ects ...all seems to work fine.
jesus342 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2015 11:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
i have green screen on the video preview
JohanAziz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2015 12:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having green preview screen too with windows 10 too. Rendered video is green. Going to preferences and turning off "Enable hardware decoding" fixed the green screen, but obviously made rendering slower.

Graphics card is integrated intel HD Graphics 4600. Driver is updated to latest and designed for windows 10.

"Version: 15.40.4.64.4256 (Latest)

This driver adds support for the new Microsoft Windows® 10 64-bit operating system for Intel® 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors and 4th Generation Intel® Core Processors with Intel® HD Graphics and Iris™ Graphics. This new driver also supports various Windows 10 features."
JDL2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2015 12:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm having green preview screen too with windows 10 too. Rendered video is green. Going to preferences and turning off "Enable hardware decoding" fixed the green screen, but obviously made rendering slower.

Graphics card is integrated intel HD Graphics 4600. Driver is updated to latest and designed for windows 10.

This driver adds support for the new Microsoft Windows® 10 64-bit operating system for Intel® 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors and 4th Generation Intel® Core Processors with Intel® HD Graphics and Iris™ Graphics. This new driver also supports various Windows 10 features."

Thanks for the information, mines now working again :
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Just so you know. The green screen issue has been reported to CyberLink, see thread/issue: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44354.page link is also at the start of the thread.
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have several versions of PD running on Win10 and haven't seen any problems. If you have an Intel CPU, you should definitely update to the latest Intel HD video *driver* that JohanAziz mentioned.

On all 3 of my systems, I had to manually install the Intel driver as the new Win10 Windows Update wasn't showing that an update was needed. Be sure to get the correct version - the desktop driver is different from the laptop version which is different from the notebook and tablet version. If you're not sure which version to get, try the Intel Driver Update Utility on the left side of the webpage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2015 14:05

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
A word of caution:

I may be getting old and losing my "pioneering spirit" but I have been through every Windows release since DOS and have had some rough times - the worst being XP to Vista and then Vista to Win 7.
I have been following the feedback of major PC publications since Win 10 release last month. General consensus is that Microsoft may have rushed things a bit and that 8.1 users should wait a few months until patches fix driver compatibility issues etc.
Also for those having issues with Win 10 and PDR13 you have ONE MONTH from upgrading to roll back to 7 or 8.1.
It took me long enough to have a stable PDR13 under 8.1 but now issues may with Win 10 and not Cyberlink.

Remember it's always easy to spot a "Pioneer".
He's the one out in front of everyone else - with the arrows in his chest!

We have a year to take advantage of the free upgrade and in reality, Win 10 benchmarks are slightly slower than 8.1. I have a 3rd party Win 7 type Start Menu so I intend leave it to the Pioneers for a while and focus on PDR13.

According to current estimates there are still 250-300 million Windows XP users out there - a 13 year old operating system which is no longer supported - but it worked.

Al

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 08. 2015 12:04

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
[Post New]
Quote: I'm having green preview screen too with windows 10 too. Rendered video is green. Going to preferences and turning off "Enable hardware decoding" fixed the green screen, but obviously made rendering slower.

Thank God for you. Mine is now working properly. laughing
CoolBalla15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2015 13:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I also use PowerDirector 13. I seem to have problems rendering AVI files in Windows 10. I always get Error Code 3. Hopefully, this problem will be solved soon. I can render with other video files, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2015 14:44