Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produced file disappears
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I'm producing a short video clip, just 40 seconds into a .wmv file at 1920x1080 resolution. PDR9 completed the rendering and says it is done, yet it deletes the output file when it is done. I have an explorer window open and can see the output file during the rendering, then as soon as PDR9 says it is done I see the file disappear. I've run it multiple times, rebooted a few times, changed the name of the file, changed the location of the file, etc., always with the same result.

Has anyone seen this one and have a solution?

I'm running Win XP Pro SP3.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

this sounds very strange...
Does the file show (back) in the edit interface?
Have you tried other wmv templates?

The one time I have experienced something similar, is when I played around
with tracks and put audio in a video-track. PD rendered a wmv, said it was ok,
but the file was only 6kb and not ok.

I'm sure some of the guys most likely will have a tech-answer for you
when they surface the forum.
What kind of file was the clip before rendering?

Merry Christmas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2010 04:17

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, the file does not show up in the edit interface afterwards. By the time I go back to the edit interface the file is long gone. It also only seems to happen on .wmv files, not on other file types.

The original is an MPEG-4, 1920 x 1080, 30 fps file from a GoPro camera.

There should be no funky edit modes like audio in a video track as all I'm doing is an original trim of the captured video to get rid of the excess useless footage. So the only thing on any track is the input video. Ultra simple content.

Merry Christmas to all - and to all a good editing session ...
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
If it doesn't show up this tells me that the file production did not get completed. It's like when you start to produce a file and an icon of the file will show up in the output directory, but if you stop the production the icon is deleted along it whatever data was generated.

The odd thing here is that it says its done. Have you tried any other file formats and has this ever occurred previously with other clips you've edited?

I would also double check your output directory to make sure it is going where you think it is. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, the odd thing is PDR9 says it completed fine. I've had this problem on a number of occasions with different source files, so it is a generic issue I'm seeing. I've rechecked the directory numerous times to ensure I'm looking in the right place. I can also see the file during creation, then it disappears. 1Nina had a really good observation, the file does not automatically load into the edit interface after creation like files usually do. That would be directory independent.

It only seems to happen on .wmv output files amazingly though.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I have a GoPro and just did a test with one of my clips and had no problem producing to 1920X1080 .wmv.

If you could list exactly what you are doing I could see if I can repeat your problem.

1. Resolution of original gopro video. 1280, 1080, 920. Whether 30 or 60 fps.

2. What editing you did to the video. or maybe just drop the raw video onto the timeline with no editing just to keep it simple.

3. What setting you used in the .wmv list to produce the video.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

My GoPro was on R5. 1920x1080 30fps. I simply dropped the clip on the timeline and cut off the beginning and end short portions, that simple.

I am using WMV 9 highest quality for the output, 1920 x 1080.

Thanks,

Joel
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joel,

Well some good news and some bad news. First the good news it does not appear to be the gopro footage. I just took some R5 1920X1080 footage, dropped it onto the timeline and cut off the beginning and end. Produced to WMV 9 highest quality 1920X1080 with no problem.

Until some more technical minded people come along I would suggest uninstalling PD9 and re-installing to see if that fixes the problem I will say though it is weird that it only effects .wmv.

Just as a side note I used to produce to .wmv but now produce to H.264 AVC it gives me more options for bitrate etc without having to create special .wmv profiles and the compression is better.

Cheers

Robert2 S

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Jason57 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2011 06:14 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem and i am using Power Director 9 and when producing a file in what ever format the finished file disapppears when the production has finnished. I watched it appear when it was being produced and then disappear once it was complete. I thought it was my antivirus protection first, so i switched it off...but it still happened...something wrong with the software as i find no settings or anything in the manual with the software.
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Jason57, Don't know why Joel hasn't got back to us since December last year.

1. Does the video show up in the media room after production is finished?

2. Can you produce a video using the default .mpg that is loaded into the media room.

3. Can you supply at least parts A & B in this link?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
power director ultra 9.0.0.2330

do not know how to attach to this the dxdiag log file produced
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi All,

Sorry for the diappearance. I took Robert's advice and switch out of .wmv format to solve the problem and missed on advsing that back to the forum. I switched to using the PD9 stock .mp4 profiles and the problem has not occurred. It's possible it may only be a problem with the .wmv profiles.

Workload and travel have kept me from being active on the forum (or doing much editing)

Jason,

Right below the text input window where you are typing and well above the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons there is a blue button entitled "Attachments" that will enable you to attach your dxdiag file.

Joel
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cheers.....blind as a bat LOL
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
power director ultra 9.0.0.2330
 Filename
Jason57DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
290 time(s)
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Thanks Joel for letting us know how things turned out for you, it helps the next person who has a similar problem to know what works.

Jason, you didn't say whether or not the default mpg video works for you. Also you have an old build of PD9, if you go to the top of this page to "Downloads"- "Updates" there is a new patch for PD9

Cheers

Robbert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried all formates and the same thing happened for them all.
I will download the update and see what happens.

Cheers
Robert2 S
[Post New]
I should be clearer...have you tried the "Nature.mpg" which loads automatically in the media room.

1. Drop the nature.mpg video onto the timeline and produce to your chosen format.

I am tying to find out if the problem is with you videos or whether it is with all videos you put on the timeline.

Cheers

Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still happening even when i have upgraded to the latest version of power director 9.
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
At the moment i am un-installing all the software and re-installing to make sure is was not the installation.
I will then try what you suggest.

Thanks for your help.
Jason57 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Robert.
I have discovered that the nature file works and stays but my own video just disappears.
It was what you suspected the video itself.

I have another problem since i upgraded to the latest version.
When i load the Power Director software i get a "OLR Submission" error saying "Resource file not found please reinstall application".

I have reinstalled the whole software gain but once the upgrade is installed i get this meesage.

As you know I am using windows 7 32bit operating system.
Is their something i should be doing to get rid of that message. At the moment it seems just cosmetic...but i am not sure if there is a problem.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.